Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
amen.... man if only the ol' keystone would recognize.

oh, dont even get me started on beer dist... :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Jersey drivers and lane splitting=suicide. Not that CA is much better, I chalk that up to Darwinism.

Even if it were legal: not this camper...

-Randy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I do agree but I have been in a few situations that I was baking in the very very hot sun, traffic was at a absolute crawl and I could've safely done it had it been legal, there is a time and place for it. I would only do it on a as needed and when safe basis.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,219 Posts
tomacGTi said:
Jersey drivers and lane splitting=suicide. Not that CA is much better, I chalk that up to Darwinism.

Even if it were legal: not this camper...

-Randy
driver education will play a big role in making it safer. but if someone has a problem wiht you they will have a problem whether you are in a cage or on a bike.

as always, keep your head on a swivel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
I know in some lawbooks however that it is permitted to travel in the breakdown lane during traffic on a motorcycle to prevent overheating. I can't remember where or when I saw it but I know it was a legitimate reason for doing it and understood by most of Johnny Law.

Knight, I'm with you on the head on a swivel thing. I ride like everyone is out to kill me, I just don't want to make it easier for them to do it.

-Randy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Jerz will nevr pass it, if anythign they should start in PA. Jerz just bans everything.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
200 Posts
whenever i take my bike to work in the summer and i hit traffic i constantly lane split.

i have one rule. i never exceed 25. so if the traffic is traveling faster than 25 i merge back into the lane. i have never had cop problems, but i never see the cops during my commute anyway. Even if they were to give me trouble i'd explain to them that it's hot as hell and i don't feel safe stopping on the side of the thruway to cool off during rush hour. most cops that i have met have owned a cycle at one point in their life anyway. again i have never been stopped, but i would hope that they would at least hear me out.

it's pretty tough for a car to move sideways when it's not rolling.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,974 Posts
sur4die said:
it's pretty tough for a car to move sideways when it's not rolling.
Yeah, but some will throw a door open in your path. :mad:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,219 Posts
i have had people pull over into me when traffic is basically idling along. i have never had a door opened on me or seen anyone purposely trying to do that. i have seen people try to hit me with things as i pass.

like i said, keep your head on a swivel. always look INSIDE the cars as you come up on them and take note of what they are doing. if you see them craning their neck to look at their side mirror then be extra careful when you approach and pass them. if they are inching closer to the inside of the lane be careful there as well.

if i have tho shift our of first or put my shield down due to the wind (in summer) then i get back into traffic. about 25mph is the max for me too. that also happens to be just after i no longer have to slip the clutch to keep from stalling or lugging the engine.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
fixed it for you T


KnightofNi II said:
i have had people pull over into me when traffic is basically idling along. i have never had a door opened on me or seen anyone purposely trying to do that. i have seen people try to hit me with things as i pass.

like i said, keep your head on a swivel. always look INSIDE the cars as you come up on them and take note of what they are doing. if you see them craning their neck to look at their side mirror then be extra careful when you approach and pass them. if they are inching closer to the inside of the lane be careful there as well. if they are having sex or lighting a spliff, stop and chat ;D

if i have tho shift our of first or put my shield down due to the wind (in summer) then i get back into traffic. about 25mph is the max for me too. that also happens to be just after i no longer have to slip the clutch to keep from stalling or lugging the engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,684 Posts
fyi, if you have the PathBlazer on your front headlight, they get out of the way.

i am continually amazed at how people react to that thing. it is as if they see a cop. (and yes, they are 50-state legal under federal law).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
ken that is freakin hysterical.... [clap] [laugh] [clap] [laugh]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,444 Posts
...yeah, my bad Marco. But I always do that when approach heavy traffic. just watch out for cops in vicinity and do it

at the slow pace.

and there is 100% guarantee in NYC that you get away with it :angel: just don't try to squeeze in betwen to police cars, scratching their doors [cheeky]
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top