Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a stupid question i should know the answer too, My monster is a 97 750, does it have a we clutch or dry clutch? My brothers is a dry clutch on his 900 but they sound totally different which is why i ask.

thanks, matt

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Wet clutch... In fact, you probably have the funky, paso style, wet clutch engine with the clutch slave built into the right side cover, like Karen's here... (That's a nice shirt she's got on, huh?)

--Fillmore

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Ya know Rev, that pic really ought to be in the DucBabe thread. ;) Nice shirt indeed. 8)

-dj

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so are you saying that its a bad clutch? is one better than the other? o yea nice way to hijack my thread, what kind of pipes are on that monster in the pic? i need some hi mounts for mine.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Matt,
You have a wet clutch.

Not better or worse than a dry clutch, just allows a different set of compromises.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Matt,
You have a wet clutch.

Not better or worse than a dry clutch, just allows a different set of compromises.
Exactly what speeddog said. It's pretty much a personal preference. Me, I like that wonderful rattling to go along with my L-twins' roar. ;D

-dj

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
FYI there is a compact 6 speed hat will fit in the wet clutch bikes...it's in the DB catalog.

Also..perhaps you can strap a "ghetto blaster" to your bike and play a tape of DRY CLUTCH noise if you need that too.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
so are you saying that its a bad clutch? is one better than the other? o yea nice way to hijack my thread, what kind of pipes are on that monster in the pic? i need some hi mounts for mine.
The `97 750 engine is "more different" from the 900s than later 750 engines. It's really not better or worse, it just means that in some areas you don't have as many options in the aftermarket or possibly less availabillity of oem parts. For instance, since the clutch slave is on the right side and built into the clutch cover, you can't go out and buy a, Evo or Yoyodyne slave cylinder as a replacement. The belt covers are different, etc...

Personally, if I had the $$$ and space to just collect Ducatis, I'd love to have a Silver `97 M750 matched up with a silver Supersport FE...

Karen's bike does have tons of trick stuff done to it that Higgie will try to take credit for.... And, for all the mods, it's still very understated and sano... One of the best Monsters that I know of.

Here's more if you want it:
http://www.ducgirl.com/

--Fillmore

1 - 18 of 18 Posts