Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, is it just me, or are my pinkies really short? It seems that every pair of gloves that I own, the pinky is at least a 1/2" too long. Is it only me? Is this an indicator of my other shortcomings :eek: ? I've never had any complaints, but I do sense maybe a repressed chuckle while naked in the presence of others :-[. Maybe I'm thinking of this wrong, maybe all of my other fingers and appendages are too long?......yeah, I'm sure that is it :)............. :p

·
Registered
287 Posts
Try Dainese... I had same problem when I tried on the Frank Thomas... Pinky too long and too wide... the Dainese fit me perfectly!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Try Vanson's custom gloves. As part of the process, you provide measurements for each finger.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
you could try to shorten the other fingers and get a smaller size glove :eek: :eek: :eek: sorry couldnt resist the urge to be a smart @ss

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been awful close to shortening several of my other fingers, skil saw, chain saw, table saw.......... :p but so far so good.

R

·
0 Posts
kind of makes you wonder where the expression "it fits like a glove" came from?

I've known very few gloves to fit particularly well.

Why not "it fits like a hat"? It's much easier to get a good hat fit...

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Maybe the expression "fits like a glove" was originally meant to describe something that didn't fit well at all. Kind of like "I'm as smart as a box of hammers."

R

·
0 Posts
er... do you mean "sharp as a tack"?

Because "sharp as a box of hammers" would then be a good twist.

As is stands, "Smart as a box of hammers" is pretty dang smart... have you ever tried arguing with a hammer? They always win.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Metal, by definition, is malleable. Therefore, the proper application of heat and pressure can force an outspoken hammer to recant his ill-thought argument and bend to my will. Inanimate objects, kneel before me!

Dinner time on the East Coast. Sapper is cranky. My apologies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts