Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, to try a be a true "Ducatisti" I spaced out the clutch cover on my 900.

Gotta say, that racket is NOT music to my ears!

I enjoy the mechanical noises of the dry clutch with the stock cover on, but with it moved out, man, thatsalottanoise!

I particularly don't like the metallic ringing of the clutch plates when the clutch lever is pulled in.

I also don't like the constant, alarmed questions from friends, family, and loved ones - "What's wrong with your motorcycle??"

I feel so ashamed . . . :(

I think I need a hug.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Question #1: Yes
Question #2: Probably not

No smiley for hugs, how about a kiss? :-*

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Don't feel bad, it just means that you're gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

And Herb has called himself into question as well with the offer of a kiss.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not Gay, but I've read alot about it and want to try it just once to see how bad it really is. Anyway their punishment is quite fitting, throw em in jail with a bunch of men, very clever (the late Lenny Bruce, Thank you Mask Man 1964) ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
When you replace your clutch, they make quieter ones with closer tolderances so they jangle less.

or you can just learn to say 'bite me' when people ask what's wrong with your bike...

·
Registered
849 Posts
I got a Cycle Cat closed clutch cover. Found it interesting that they didn't advertise that one on their website - only the open ones. I remember having to specifically ask for a closed one (might have changed since). Could it be that I'm in the minority?

I don't mind the jingling so much as long as my exhaust is louder - it's odd to see/ hear them S4Rs with their stock pipes... ALL you hear is clutch rattle.

-R.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
WHAAAT?

You don't like Italian Speed Metal??? ;D

One man's music is another man's noise.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I want the music too but I have a moist one. (that was for you Herb) Is there anyway to convert my clutch from a wet to a dry?? I must have Italian speed metal!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Drain the oil!! It'll make TONS of noise, er music, er noise! ;D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sounds like a great idea! But of course, as to not void my warranty, I'll have a certified Duc mechanic complete the job! What's your address Herb...the bill has to go somewhere!

BTW, anyone want the parts that fly out after I do it??

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where's you sense of adventure? Just stuff the little pieces in the oil fill hole. They'll find their own home! ;D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Oops!! That's an oil fill hole? Then what were you doing shoving your...nevermind, forgot that was our little secret!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The sound frequency created by spacing the clutch cover is known to cause impotence, and incontenance, irritability, wimpiness, and if exposure occurs over a long enough time, sterility.
However venting the clutch cover seems to negate those affects.
There is also an ongoing study in the Sweden that suggests a vented clutch induces huge shifts in brainwave patterns, resulting in elightenment.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Herb and Magnus, you guys always crack me up! Thanks for the late night reading fun!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The sound frequency created by spacing the clutch cover is known to cause impotence, and incontenance, irritability, wimpiness, and if exposure occurs over a long enough time, sterility.
There is also an ongoing study in the Sweden that suggests a vented clutch

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
There is also an ongoing study in the Sweden that suggests a vented clutch

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, now you guys have me a little concerned about who I am, as a man!

The clutch banging I can maybe let slide, but you see, there's also this decorative carbon fiber thing . . . I'm not really into it! (insert collective gasp from the crowd).

But seriously, I may not like the clutch rattles, but I'm DEFINATELY not g ay!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh my gawd! I wonder if apple will warrenty coffee spewed on my keyboard
I gotta go rinse it off now..... :eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts