Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the basic stand of my subframe jig built with the original subframe mounted. I have to make supports which act as guides plus bolt and locating pins throughout.

My stock subframe weighs 8 lbs with lock mechanism still mounted. I am pretty siked with it so far and can't wait to get started actually building the real deal.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Looks cool, I needed the picture to help me understand what's up!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
b.h. said:
Looks like your ready for mass production [thumbsup]

what's your goal weight for the aluminum version?
It does seem that way doesn't it ;) Not the main goal..actually not even a major thought at all at the moment. Too far from finished product.

I want to cut the weight in half for sure and I am not sure the first attempt will be my final. I used the same philosophy for the exhaust. So its 8 lbs now, that would bring it to 4lbs but I think my real goal is to beat that. I am still doing a lot of thinking and I need to put some ideas to paper.

I know, 'jig' doesn't help much without a pic but I was too excited with my progress that day.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been making some progress but its slow. I have lots to do besides bike stuff. I need to give up some hobbies to someone who doesn't have any... [laugh]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts