Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of a TECA unit? It is like a PCIII where it is a piggy back unit and is supposed to do the same thing as a pcIII but more accurately, another words: it is adjustable to a smaller increment of rpms than a pcIII.

A shop here in the North Bay that does Dyno work (they are highly recommended and have good references) have mentioned this unit as an alternative to a power commander. They make it themselves and it can be plugged in to a computer via USB and all that stuff.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has heard of it? They aren't "pushing it" they just mentioned it after I said I haven't purchased a PCIII yet. They are more than willing to tune whatever I get, so the question of them being pushy to sell their product doesn't seem to be a major influence to their description of the product.

The bike isn't going to be a race bike or track mule, it's a street bike so a race quality unit isn't what I am exactly wanting to pay for, but I do want a nice smooth, trouble free power delivery with reliability.

ANy thought oh-wise ones of the DML? ;D

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
never heard of it.

to answer your other question ([cheeky]), i have a motocard. i've never had a PC3 so i have nothing to compare it to but it seems to work pretty well. with the airbox/flywheel/exhaust combo my bike is twitchy bitchy <3K rpm, especially when not totally warmed up.. which maybe probably should be fixed by the card. it was flashed with the S4R map and then manually adjusted last time it was in the shop so theoretically this is as good as it'll get.

i'm not at all unhappy with the motocard up high where it counts (i've heard other complaints to that effect). recent discussions have me thinking about FIM, maaaaybe. lotta $$. if i keep this bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FIM sounds cool an all, except for finding someone who can work on it in this Time Zone and the up front cost. I also don't have a desire to get rid of the immobilizer, it's working fine for me and I have all the keys and cards, why not keep a anti-theft device in place?

I'm betting that I'm not going to get much feedback on the TECA here, Ive never heard of it untill today. I just want the bike to run smooth and optimal. I know it's going to need some pretty custom mapping with the extra CCs, new vlaves, cams, higher compression, and port/polish.

Thanks for the feedback so far [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
the teca box is made by factory pro, who also make the jet kits. afaik it's not actually available yet (that's what their web site says), which is why i guess they're selling it themselves, but not thru dealers yet. in real terms it has to be pretty much the same as a pc3.

·
Registered
310 Posts
PT33, were you there today, If you were I just missed you. My 695 was there, getting my ExBox, airfilter and TECA put on this week. Let you know how she runs after.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Itsasickness said:
PT33, were you there today, If you were I just missed you. My 695 was there, getting my ExBox, airfilter and TECA put on this week. Let you know how she runs after.
That was your 695, huh? I got there right when they were unloading it form the dyno. Looks good, congrats mang [thumbsup]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
brad black said:
the teca box is made by factory pro, who also make the jet kits. afaik it's not actually available yet (that's what their web site says), which is why i guess they're selling it themselves, but not thru dealers yet. in real terms it has to be pretty much the same as a pc3.
They where saying it basically does the same thing as a pcIII but it is tunable to a higher accuracy of rpm.

Brad, what do you think of the customer service of Factory Pro? Everything sounds good here about their ability to Dyno tune, I'm just curious about being "married" to them due to the fact that I will have a unit on my ECU that only they sell and tune.

I'm 90% sure that I am going to get the "TECA", I'm just trying to get more unbiased info before I go in the next week or 2.

Thanks guys [thumbsup],

pt33

1 - 9 of 9 Posts