Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered some Alpinestar SMX Boots :), but then I have read some reviews of other A* boots having the soles come unglued. Has any DML members seen this or know anyone that this has happened to?

M

·
0 Posts
I know of one person on another board that whined mightily that one of the soles on his GPS boots was coming undone- after a year and a half. Alpinstars replaced his boots, even though he was badmouthing them bigtime. I'm wearing a set of- GP Techs that are at least 4 years old- no problems. Alpinestars has great products and stands behind them. Don't worry, enjoy your new boots.

X

·
0 Posts
I have those boots. No problems at all, they work great for me. But I really haven't had them long either, about 3 months.
Size runs a little large though.

T

·
0 Posts
I've got a pair of Alpinestars in the locker that the soles came unglued (after one season). Alpinestar did offer to resole them for $75.00 plus handling ??? . I don't expect things to last forever; but, one season on a $250.00 boot.............come on. As a result, I've purchased my last Alpinestars product.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have had my SMx for about two months and I love the way that the fit. The size Euro 44 is right on for others I have tried on in that size.

If they come unglued, take them to a shoe repair place if Alpinestar won't fix them for free. After seeing Retro's Sidi's come apart at the velcro closure, I wasn't going to go that route either. You'll be happy with your descision.

X

·
0 Posts
Maybe 1/2 size large. The large part is probably my fault. I'd perfer boots to be a little tight rather than a little loose. I ordered the same size as my tennis shoes and thats the way they fit. (Size 12 shoes, size 46 boots)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have a pair of A* mountain bike shoes. Got 'em for a song because A* was getting out of the MTB business. The soles started to peel away at the heels... and then they stopped. I'm still using them.
Rene Carlos

1 - 9 of 9 Posts