·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Those look sweet.

Got any pricing info?

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
hotness. I want two tone gold and red. that would look crazy going down the road.

D

·
0 Posts
Talk to MonsterHooligan (aka the The Big Cheese)

I believe he's got a gold/red set on his monster (and they look awesome) and as an added bonus he was looking to become an importer.

Regardless, he should be able to answer most (all?) of your questions.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I did get a chance to test some of these out.
Alpina sent me a set of red/silver and i put them on my 620 and rode them around for a few weeks, and to Laguna.
I was really impressed with the fit/finish, and everything just bolted right on with no drama (unlike many aftermarket parts).
and unlike the spokes on the sportclassics...they dont need a tube or special smaller brakes
i wasnt too sure about the two-tone color scheme...but it grew on me, and it does look pimp as it rolls. 8)
i think a red/black set would be cool.
Price is $2498/pair (steep, i know...but i was looking for spokes for a loong time, and that is what they go for)
I did order some for sale (PM me for more info)
in the regular color tho

If anybody saw their booth at Milan, they have some even wilder designs for 07, i'll see if its ok for me to post them. ;)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yeah those are gorgeous! No way I'd put em on my bike though. I've got wire wheels on my old Triumph and its hard enough just keeping the dust off of them.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I knew they'd be pricey. 2500 is better than what Motostrano is getting for them, though.

What kind of options do they offer as far as spoke color goes? All the pics I see of complete wheels have black spokes. I'd rather have polished stainless.

I don't know if I can swing the cost, though. I have found another source for tubeless spoked wheels. Though, they aren't Monster specific. Price is a little more than half the Alpinas. Materials look the same. Anodized aluminum hubs and rims, stainless spokes. They cater to the flat track and supermotard crowds.

http://www.bankeperformance.com/flattrack/rims.html

I dunno. I'm a while away from being able to do anything at the moment. :p

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I've only seen black spokes on the alpina.
i asked if they could do all silver, and they said no.
rim and hub colors are anything goes tho.

on the other spokes you found...in my research, the spokes and rims are the easy part....getting the hubs right is the catch.
i have seen wheels from a guy that modded guzzi hubs to fit.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, thats just weird. If you go into their page about the different spokes they use, plain stainless is one of the options. Wonder if someone could lace the Alpina hubs to a set of Banke rims using stainless spokes. Probably not since the Alpinas have the spoke adjustment at the hub instead of the rim.

Story of my life. Either massively expensive and simple to mount, or inexpensive and further modification required to mount. :p

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Alpina.. as in the BMW tuner Alpina?

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
pompetta said:
MH - PLEASE post pics of your bike with the two-tone wheels!!! :-* :-*
i dont have them yet, and they are kinda expensive for me too. [laugh]

im gonna have to i guess. they just match my scheme too well

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
moto said:
If anyone is interested, I will have a set of aluminum sport classic wheels for sale with tires that will fit double sided swingarm 02+ montser for $1500. It is in the classifieds section

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=65368.0
thats a good deal on those
where were you a year ago [laugh]
do you have to change brake calipers to the sport classic ones?

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
Yeah, I know... I was thinking that when he asked if we wanted his wheels in trade.

I don't have the wheels here yet but my understanding is the BST wheels were a direct fit on the Sport 1000.

I did not measure the sport1000 the last time I had one here at the shop- but the OEM rotor looked like it had no offset and there was a bracket that pushed the caliper in about 10mm.

If the hub is thinner, one can space the caliper or the rotor out easy enough.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts