Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, while riding my Monster had a very old lady sitting at stop sign at an intersection gun it turning left into my lane cutting me off and coming to a complete stop. Panic stop by me, rear locked, serious front dive and a stoppie in the end - I missed her by a foot or so...

Whew! I would have been fine as I'd land on the lawn on the right, but the bike would have been trashed. My friend riding behind me said he thought I was going down as I missed the curb by an inch or so.

The erst of the day I was practicing panic stops :)

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Hey Howie- you are a BLABBERMOUTH now! Welcome to the club. Now MTM.... What do I have to do to get the point across that senior citizens are easy targets. If that crusty old bag cut you off, dont take her shiit! Teach them all a lesson next time.. :p

M

·
0 Posts
I had a pullout last week that was too close for comfort. Cell phone in ear.

After I regained my line I followed with the 1 finger salute (kinda immature for my age, but it felt better.) Yesterday I picked up one of those helment stickers: "Would you drive better with that phone up your ass?" Now I feel much more mature.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since yesterday I've been driving my Montero hunting for senior citizens on a bike. Thirsty for revenge. My luck - not a single target so far...

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
You need to find the Senior Citizens complex's and then you will see them all. On their 3 wheeled bikes with baskets :D

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
How about the YIELD.... NOBODY knows what that means. Here around Philly the people coming on the highways think that you doing 65-70 should hit the brakes as they pull on in front of you doing 50... disregarding that Yield sign all together!!!! I just want to hunt them down and shake them up!! They soooo don't know what it means that when I'm in the yield position and there is no space to pull onto the highway and I, as the yielder hit the brakes, the [email protected] car behind me blows the horn at me!!!! This irritates me to no end!!! And the people that never look, they just follow the lane onto the highway no matter if there is a car right there or not and then they give you the finger!!!! AARRUUGGHH!!!
Oh well, thats why we make good riders , always looking out for those whackos!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts