Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I Stratified my pipes very recently (Thanks Strati for the advice) and took my girl (the bike) to work today. First time out with the "new" pipes. As I'm getting off my bike at Starbuck's officer Haughty cgets off his bike and comes over and says "Are those stock pipes?"

DOH!

"Yes sir they are." says I.

"I own a Monster 750 and my pipes don't look anyting like that." he says.

"Well," says I "I did have my tail chopped, took out the rear hugger, and opened up the back a bit. I also painted the cans with a nice black ceramic engine paint too to help them blend in."

"Hmmm . . . maybe that is it." says he.

By now officer Haughty has been joined by officer Red (because of his hair color) who by the end of the half hour was lovingly referred to as Red Dick, and then just Dick, and officer Hottie. Now, I've been known to go to the Official Ducati Babe thread and sure do appreciate a lovely lady with a bike . . . add a uniform and boy oh boy . . . I was in love.

Anyway, to make a long story short I had a relatively nice morning conversation with 3 motorcycle officers on enjoying my Chai Latte and a breakfast munchie as we sat outside and admired our bikes and talked about them and riding.

Thanks Strati it probably wouldn't have happened without you man! Oh, and does she sound sweet now! Love it!

I could withought the initial scare though - thought I was in big time doo-doo when officer Haughty first came over.

NOTE: The names and descriptions of these individuals has been blurred to protect the guilty. Any resemblance to someone you know is highly unprobably unless, you know me or one of the three police officers here-to-fore mentioned previously. I make no claims as to any truth that may have accidently found its way into my yarn.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Re: All the cops in the donut shop say "Wayoo

Nice !

That how the morning should be.
Peace, law officer chatting about motorcycles,
and coffee.

Take it easy as you are !

Skier

G

·

Since when?

Actually, I know many cops, one is my best friend. I have no problems with them, because I give them no reason to have a problem with me.

Good story, BTW! ;D

G

·

Yeah cops can be cool,after i bought mine,one customer of ours who happen to be a cop come to the shop,and spot my duc and say who's duc is that i said mine,he told me everybody at the precict is talking about that yellow bike.
I say in a good or bad way,he said no no good way.

·
Registered
827 Posts

Did you plug the DML to the officer who owns the 750?

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Next time . . . I'm sure I'll see him/them again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts