Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear a lot of talk about meeting up and going for rides, but I have yet to see any pictures materialize. Now that my bike has been sold and I have only my plastic model of my monster to ride around with my fingers on my desk :'(, I'm relying on all of you to provide lives full of riding for me to live vicariously through ;D. And more important, pics of the bikes on the rides (except for Hiero, I've seen plenty pics of his bike [laugh] [cheeky]).

So anyway, how about you guys go on some rides and take some pics, eh? Please?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess this is the time of year where people ride less due to the weather and other holiday obligations. I guess I'm just going to have to take the dremmel to my plastic monster and start modding it.

G

·
martinelli said:
i tried last weekend. put out a call. viewed but 0 replies. ????? just ride by myself.
ride on sundays. im always riding. ive tried to get people to ride in san antonio, tripple duc and i used to ride togeather. let me know. i am the guy who works at kc-international. I know, I know, booo hissss, bad people. this weekend is problably out, i think there is a holiday or something.

·
Registered
141 Posts
yea...this time of the year is tough.
between work/family/holidays & shopping for all the above it is tough to commit. throw in the sunny one minute & cold & wet the next minute conditions it all adds up to a really big pile of bad excuses.
Guilty as charged your Honor.
I'd love to get together with my fellow SA ducatistas.
maybe even start a little club with secret handshakes and all....well, not really.
But it would be cool to meet everyone & see who's who.
Maybe after the first of the year we could plan for a group deal,
either ride or a weeknite meet for coffee.
I know for alot of you (myself included), a 45 minute to 1 hour window on a weeknite is easier to schedule than 4 hours on a weekend.

step 1. someone pick a spot and name a date. I'm a slacker with a tendency to procrastinate....so don't leave it up to me.

G

·
SAducati said:
yea...this time of the year is tough.
between work/family/holidays & shopping for all the above it is tough to commit. throw in the sunny one minute & cold & wet the next minute conditions it all adds up to a really big pile of bad excuses.
Guilty as charged your Honor.
I'd love to get together with my fellow SA ducatistas.
maybe even start a little club with secret handshakes and all....well, not really.
But it would be cool to meet everyone & see who's who.
Maybe after the first of the year we could plan for a group deal,
either ride or a weeknite meet for coffee.
I know for alot of you (myself included), a 45 minute to 1 hour window on a weeknite is easier to schedule than 4 hours on a weekend.

step 1. someone pick a spot and name a date. I'm a slacker with a tendency to procrastinate....so don't leave it up to me.
after this weekend, how about meeting at the starbucks in boerne, its by the home depot. that spot is pretty good for me. just a suggestion, im open to other spots.

G

·
SAducati said:
hey Kevy
that spot works for me.
anybody else out there?

kevy
you don't by chance do any road riding (bicycle) do you?
sure do, road, mtb, bmx, trials. lets set up a time to ride.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My brother told me about you....he works at Bike World on 1604.
I kinda stick to throttle powered 2 wheel rides these days.
I get winded walking up stairs...its pretty pathetic.

·
Registered
221 Posts
kevy said:
ride on sundays. im always riding. ive tried to get people to ride in san antonio, tripple duc and i used to ride togeather. let me know. i am the guy who works at kc-international. I know, I know, booo hissss, bad people. this weekend is problably out, i think there is a holiday or something.
hey kevin, i'm the guy that brought the screwed up throttle cable in (ricky). i usually take long rides on sats though since i usually throw bbq's every sunday for the fam. i've been riding by myself, but i ride with a friend of mine now since he just bought a cruiser, well we leave together and meet up i guess. yeah, interested parties should meet after the holiday b-s and see what's goin on.
disclaimer: i'm a newbie.

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
yeah holiday commitments have been wrecking any time i had to ride while the weather was good. now that i do have some free time, the wet stuff decides to reappear. grrr hopefully after the new year hits we'll get some more good weather and time on the road -bryant

G

·
SAducati said:
My brother told me about you....he works at Bike World on 1604.
I kinda stick to throttle powered 2 wheel rides these days.
I get winded walking up stairs...its pretty pathetic.
whos your brother? if people are interested in a ride lets start planning one. im willing to meet anywhere. as far as a pace goes, im not worried if people are new to the sport. its good for beginners to ride with experience people. my only condition is that the meeting spot have coffee.

G

·
tonyj said:
Maybe we can plan a meet up in Blanco or San Marcos to make it easy on both Austin and SA riders? There are plenty of good roads in between there.
sounds like a good idea to me. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
141 Posts
austin riders....yeccccchhhhh.
just kidding. the more the merrier.
I'm cool with Blanco. lotsa great roads.
we could head over to luchenbach or somewhere.

Kevy-my brother is jeff-skinny mexican w/ clip-on pedals for feet.

G

·
SAducati said:
austin riders....yeccccchhhhh.
just kidding. the more the merrier.
I'm cool with Blanco. lotsa great roads.
we could head over to luchenbach or somewhere.

Kevy-my brother is jeff-skinny mexican w/ clip-on pedals for feet.
thats quite a description of your brother, i would need to see his face. im horrible at remembering names, sorry. the only roads i know well are by leaky. those are sweet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.