Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
crdaytona said:
How do you guys like the Termi system on the S4Rs? I've been thinking about the system for my bike next spring.

TL

------------------------------------------------------------------

07 S4Rs
93 Superlight
How do those of us that have the Full 50mm system like it? [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

I think I can safely speak for everyone that does including myself by saying simply.............

The Full Termi System ROCKS!!! >:D >:D >:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
crdaytona said:
How do you guys like the Termi system on the S4Rs? I've been thinking about the system for my bike next spring.

TL
After experiencing mine over the last week. It would probably not be a stretch to say the S4Rs experience is incomplete without it.

Highly recommended.

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Termi exhaust comments:

I put down a deposit at the local dealer but cancelled the full system order ($2300 plus tax($140), plus $200-250 dealer installation) when I found out the following.

The Termi Slip-on option includes the ECU and air box mod. The OEM Part Number 96448606B system was $1100.00 plus shipping from a different dealer-long story. I installed it in 45 minutes. The bike was then taken to the local dealer for its 600 mile service. I had them raise the rear ride height by 5mm above the rear axle. The bike now sounds great (take the restrictors out before you mount the cans) and corners better too.

The local dealer that wanted to sell me the full system falsely thought the slip on system did not include the ECU so the Redline and hence HP would not benefit-they were incorrect.

$2700 was too much for an exhaust system in my book........ unless you are going to keep the bike for an extended period of time.

PS BEWARE there is a dealer on ebay trying to sell one of these WITHOUT the ECU.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
The other Termi 50mm folks are better qualified but the slip-on kit still runs closed loop with an O2 sensor in the catalytic converter. Not sure it's the same ECU.

However, there is no doubt the extra $1,000+ left in the wallet has an allure all its own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Tam 212 said:
The other Termi 50mm folks are better qualified but the slip-on kit still runs closed loop with an O2 sensor in the catalytic converter. Not sure it's the same ECU.

However, there is no doubt the extra $1,000+ left in the wallet has an allure all its own.
The Slip-On Kit comes WITH the ECU. There is NO O2 Sensor with that new ECU neccessary/attachable. You can still keep the O2 Sensor on the Cow-Bladder, but it's worth nothing.

With that "spare" Money, you can buy a Spark or Quad-D Cat-Replacement (400-500 $), which have the same Performance than the Termi Cat-Replacement.

In Europe, the Slip-On Kit is even according "Federal Laws". The Race Kit is not even allowed on European Streets, the Cops charge you BIG MONEY if they get you.

Greets

S4RsPhlyer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,105 Posts
APEXHNTR said:
Termi exhaust comments:

I put down a deposit at the local dealer but cancelled the full system order ($2300 plus tax($140), plus $200-250 dealer installation) when I found out the following.

The Termi Slip-on option includes the ECU and air box mod. The OEM Part Number 96448606B system was $1100.00 plus shipping from a different dealer-long story. I installed it in 45 minutes. The bike was then taken to the local dealer for its 600 mile service. I had them raise the rear ride height by 5mm above the rear axle. The bike now sounds great (take the restrictors out before you mount the cans) and corners better too.

The local dealer that wanted to sell me the full system falsely thought the slip on system did not include the ECU so the Redline and hence HP would not benefit-they were incorrect.

$2700 was too much for an exhaust system in my book........ unless you are going to keep the bike for an extended period of time.

PS BEWARE there is a dealer on ebay trying to sell one of these WITHOUT the ECU.
There's really no need to double post. At some point very soon these threads should be merged anyway.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top