Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy in the parking lot when I left work the other day came up to me the next morning saying, dude, you were setting off car alarms as you went through the lot!

I love my Ducati Performance/Remus high pipes ;D

Steve
'01 M900

T

·
0 Posts
I go out of my way to do that at my work, it really bothers the "muk -e- muks". :)

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
i used to feel guilty about setting off car alarms, but is it my fault people have them set on stun? my friend's '8? Goldwing with factory cans ocassionaly sets off car alarms.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Car alarms should not be set so sensitive that a loud noise sets them off!

Back when I had a Monster, and when it had the loud carbon slipons on it, if I ever went by a car that chirped or honked, or otherwise seemed to notice my passing, I would go back and set the car alarm off another six or eight times by stopping next to it and revving the engine. If I noticed the owner giving me the evil eye, he would get a rude gesture right before I wheelied out of there. ;D

S

·
0 Posts
yeha, I get scared when I hear a chirp. first instinct is to pull int he clutch, and go wide open throttle a few times....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't know setting off alarms was so easy... and so much fun!

The high pipes are pretty tight inside the stock peg hangers. The kit comes with spacers to move the pegs out. I had added a center stand earlier and I already had the wider spacers from that kit.

The CycleCat rear sets are on order, should clean things up nicely.

·
Banned
1,350 Posts
Car alarms should not be set so sensitive that a loud noise sets them off!

Back when I had a Monster, and when it had the loud carbon slipons on it, if I ever went by a car that chirped or honked, or otherwise seemed to notice my passing, I would go back and set the car alarm off another six or eight times by stopping next to it and revving the engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts