Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Scorpio alarm and plan to install it Sunday. Two questions have arisen:

I bought the RID-5 optional unit that disables the bike's ignition during an alarm event, by simulating hitting the kill switch.

To do this, the instructions say I need to cut ONE wire on the bike, and insert the RID-5 black box in series into the cut wire (the RID-5 blackbox has 2 blue wires that make this series insertion possible). I apparently have a choice of 3 wires I can cut into:

1. Wire connected between the ignition module and the engine stop button

2. Ground wire from ignition module (this is the option recommended by Scorpio)

2. Wire connected between the ignition module and coil

I plan to install the alarm in the area right under the seat, removing the lid for the owners manual/ toolkit storage space if necessary, to provide sufficient vertical space.

To do Option 2. above, what wire (color and location) do I tap into? Or, if options 1 or 3 are a lot easier, what color wire at what location?

2nd question: I need to tap into 3 additional wires using a simple calmp-on connection:
- The taillight light wire
- Left rear turn signal wire
- Right rear turn signal wire.

I can see the wiring harness going to the taillight. But, because the turn signal connections are hidden, what COLOR are the two signal wires? If someone can tell me that, I will simply tap into them in the underseat area where the harness passes through.

Thanks for any help!

Jim G

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I figured out the signal wires and taillight:
RH rear signal hot wire = W / Gr
LH rear signal hot wire = W / BL
Taillight hot wire = Yellow

I installed everyhting except the remote kill switch optional module, and it all works slick! Easy and fast installation too.

When you approach the "armed" bike, it chirps to warn you off. If you disregard the warning chirps, it goes into full alarm mode, and also sends an alarm signal to the pocket remote. If you tilt or jar the bike while armed, same local and remote alarm.

I just need to figure out which wire to tap into now to get that remote kill switch function.

Anybody know which one?

Jim G

S

·
0 Posts
hey, where you located ? I want to drive by and set it off with my exhaust :)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, another neat feature is that the proximity alarm is ADJUSTABLE for sensitivity!

Jim G

1 - 4 of 4 Posts