Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In looking to upgrade the exhaust on my '03 800, Akropovic was recently recommended to me. The quality is fantastic but the price makes them one of the most (if not the most) expensive manufacturers out there (in the neighborhood of $1,000 for slipons). Has anyone else had experience with Akropovic? Is it worth it?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It seems like Scorpion exhaust is made by Akrapovic, the cheaper brand (like Lexus and Toyota). They are great but if you're going to spend that much for slip-ons, you might be able to get the full system for just a little bit more? I'm not sure though

·
Registered
403 Posts
It is worth it if that is what you want.
I paid nearly $800.00 for Remus Titanium slip ons and I had a hard time at first but now I feel it was well worth the money.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My friend got a "used" set of stainless slip-ons for his 2003 M800D for around $100 (they had a few dings and scratches), but he likes the sound a lot, and the finish, it goes very well with his Dark bike. Now, when we go riding together my pipes IMO and in his opinion sound much better (deeper sound), I have CF oval Arrow slip-ons, I don't know if it will make a difference sience I've have a M900, but in IMHO if you are going to spend the money I will recomend you either the Arrows or the Termigioli (sp?)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Are they worth it? I'd say yes. Akra's are awesome in every respect!

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
They are truly beautiful cans, & work as well as any, but I don't own any because to me, they aren't worth the extra money. It's a personal choice.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
www.motostrano.com Has an akrapovic full system for $1199.00 in CF or Ti, I ordered it a couple of days ago. I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
287 Posts
www.motostrano.com Has an akrapovic full system for $1199.00 in CF or Ti, I ordered it a couple of days ago. I will let you know how it goes.

Umm, I think you may be mistaken... The $1199.00 Akrapovics on motostrano are High Mount Slip-Ons... NOT a Full System..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts