Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Just picked up an Akra slip on and I'm trying to better understand the bike and how it does with this mod. Google searches keep pointing me to the same 5 sources that aren't really answering my questions. Youtube has a very limited amount of videos pertaining to this slip on outside of just sound tests.

Here are my questions:
1) Has anyone installed this slip on on their 821 w/o map and what are your experiences with its performance?
2) Where is the Cat located on the 2020 821? is it between the stock muffler and valves? If I connect the Akrapovic slip on w/ link pipe is that essentially a Cat delete?

I read that someone tried to apply a new map to their 2019 821 a few months back w/ T800 and basically they couldn't get the bike to power up w/ out towing it to dealership for a re-flash.
If anyone knows the answers to these questions or can send me a link to any information on this it would be super helpful. I don't want to mess up the bike by not applying a new map, but also don't want to chance messing up the bike by applying the wrong map. The Up-Map.it only offer maps for their Termi exhausts options.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey guys! Just picked up an Akra slip on and I'm trying to better understand the bike and how it does with this mod. Google searches keep pointing me to the same 5 sources that aren't really answering my questions. Youtube has a very limited amount of videos pertaining to this slip on outside of just sound tests.

Here are my questions:
1) Has anyone installed this slip on on their 821 w/o map and what are your experiences with its performance?
2) Where is the Cat located on the 2020 821? is it between the stock muffler and valves? If I connect the Akrapovic slip on w/ link pipe is that essentially a Cat delete?

I read that someone tried to apply a new map to their 2019 821 a few months back w/ T800 and basically they couldn't get the bike to power up w/ out towing it to dealership for a re-flash.
If anyone knows the answers to these questions or can send me a link to any information on this it would be super helpful. I don't want to mess up the bike by not applying a new map, but also don't want to chance messing up the bike by applying the wrong map. The Up-Map.it only offer maps for their Termi exhausts options.
View attachment 226954
the cat should be part of the stock exhaust, right where the pipe splits to the two cans, so basically any aftermarket slip on removes the cat. applying the map should be fairly straightforward. download the app to your phone, when you have the app connected to your bike via the T800 you should be able to browse the store within the app and get the termi map (with or without db killer, according to what you're running on your akra). download your stock map from the bike into the app for safekeeping and then upload the new map into the bike. i believe if you follow the instructions you shouldn't have any problem. just make sure you have a full charge on your bike's battery (i also connected a tender for the whole process).

pdf instructions:
https://motowheels.com/pdf/327180

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the cat should be part of the stock exhaust, right where the pipe splits to the two cans, so basically any aftermarket slip on removes the cat. applying the map should be fairly straightforward. download the app to your phone, when you have the app connected to your bike via the T800 you should be able to browse the store within the app and get the termi map (with or without db killer, according to what you're running on your akra). download your stock map from the bike into the app for safekeeping and then upload the new map into the bike. i believe if you follow the instructions you shouldn't have any problem. just make sure you have a full charge on your bike's battery (i also connected a tender for the whole process).

pdf instructions:
https://motowheels.com/pdf/327180
Awesome. Okay and thats what I was thinking the placement of the CAT would be, but defnietly wanted to be sure.
So forgive my ignorance as im still learning, but if I choose the Termi map with out baffles, you're saying you think that will be fine and compatible with the Akra slip on? Since the T800 doesn't really provide maps other then for the Termi pipes?

·
Registered
503 Posts
How much difference can there be in the end cans function between A or T? Both eliminate the cat and are slip ons, not full systems. Cans. :cautious:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Awesome. Okay and thats what I was thinking the placement of the CAT would be, but defnietly wanted to be sure.
So forgive my ignorance as im still learning on, but if I choose the Termi map with out baffles, you're saying you think that will be fine and compatible with the Akra slip on? Since the T800 doesn't really provide maps other then for the Termi pipes?
They provide maps for different exhausts but it depends on the bike. i think they had one for sc project for the 1200s. If you plan on running your akra without the db killer, then get the map for that. they should be similar enough from brand to brand. [/QUOTE]

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They provide maps for different exhausts but it depends on the bike. i think they had one for sc project for the 1200s. If you plan on running your akra without the db killer, then get the map for that. they should be similar enough from brand to brand.
[/QUOTE]
Someone had suggested that to me. I hesitated because in the back of my mind I was thinking they’re different engine sizes. They don’t have one for 821, just the Termis. Do you think it would be okay being a 1200 remap on an 821?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts