Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to the site, and new to riding a Ducati, having recently been given the privilege of "watching over" my sons '99 750 Monster while he is in Air Force basic training. I have been on bikes since my first scooter in the 50's, and like most of us, owned a variety of machines with an even bigger variety of bad handling and run habits. The only bike that is still in the garage after all of those years is my Simplex Automatic. I found in my neighbors chicken coop in the 60's, and talked him into letting me have it for $25. Well, actually his wife talked him into it on my behalf. He said no, and she gave a grunt while shaking a kitchen utensil of some sort in his face, and told him he better take the money as he was never going to get it running anyway. I certainly enjoy the quickness and handling of the Ducati, but it does have one issue that makes me uncomfortable. The pistons seem to "hit hard" at low RPM in any gear. The feel is almost as if the timing were advanced. Is that normal for this engine? The vibration at low RPM on the handgrips reminds me of the old Harley's. Thankfully, the Ducati smooths out with increased RPM. Thanks for your input.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts