Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
98' M900

When I got my bike it had the two rubber intake stacks removed from the airbox. I reinstalled them and noticed the throttle reponse was not as crisp, but it did have more low end grunt. Right now I am running with just one installed in the airbox.

Does anyone have a suggestion of the best setup for these intake stacks. Or maybe a aftermarket airbox. The only performance change is a set of Leo Vinci high pipes.

Thanks.

S

·
0 Posts
see if you can get your hands on a set of aluminum velocity stacks off a superibike and see if you can adapt them to your intake manifolds. better honk, smoother intake. for air intake, you want the smoothest, butteriest open bellmouth you can find. those rubber boots aren't all that great for the purpose. as for the SBK stacks, if they happen to be the same diameter, it might be worth getting them on there!

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
ummmm i think Strati's advice isn't the best... there already are "stacks" or trumpets or bellmouths leading from the carbs into the airbox. i wouldn't alter this setup, as the parts are absolutely different between the injected and carb'd bikes.

now, yellowduck is talking about the airbox, etc. iun changing the flow through the lid, you noticed a difference with throttle response. well, there are several things you can do... leave horns out of the box, put them in, buy a factory pro jet kit, or even get racing carburetors. it's a matter of how much power you want and how much time and money you're willing to invest into the bike.

a good happy medium is to cut the top of the airbox off and run a jet kit. then you alter the jetting until you feel the happiest response from the throttle. and it's good to use a measuring device (dyno and air gas sensor) to ensure that the settings are good.

:) chris

S

·
0 Posts
d'oh! thanks for piping up chris. i'm trying to remember where i came up with that one!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the ideas fellas.

I think the jet kit is coming, then some tuning. I think it really needs it after the stock cans have been removed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts