Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bike back from 6000 miles service and had airbox cover removed at the same time. At first I was nervous that I wouldn't like the additional sounds from the bike since I already have the clutch cover opened. But the intake sound only makes me want to crank the throttle harder. For some reason now the front tire doesn't want to stay on the ground ;D . I Left the bottom part of the box but was wondering if at that point I should just remove the whole thing and install pod filters.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
How did you adjust the mixture to compensate for the open airbox?

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Are you still using the stock exhaust? Did you tweak your jetting, or is it all stock without the airbox... I tries removing my snorkels, and with stock parts, seemed to have less high-end power (70MPH+)...maybe it was just my imagination... didn't do any dyno testing. :-/

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What did you do to keep your filter in? are you using stock? I took the top off of mine and replaced with a FBF conversion and Arrow pipes sounds amazing!
JJ

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At purchase of bike I had Sil Motor high mounts installed and the dealer (Riverside in MA) took care of the tuning. During 6000 mile service they removed airbox cover and put K&N, if you fold the stock airbox cover fasteners over and put a tie between the two top and the two bottom across the filter it stays in no problem. Once more they tuned it to compensate. I am no expert so please correct me if I am wrong the stock computer can't be changed so they adjusted the TPS instead. I can not say enough goods things about the poeple over at Riverside.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
When I took my airbox off the bike ran like crap. Sure it was fun to hear the honk, very easy to wheelie at low rpm, etc. But there was just NO top end power. The bike had real grunt starting below 3k without the airbox, but would rev up really quick and lose power the whole way. Now I didn't adjust anything when I took the lid off, it was just an experiment, but it proved to me that you really do need a PCIII or some other way to adjust your mixture...

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the Dremel to my new S4R after 500 miles. I cut the entire top of the lid away and just left the sides to hold the filter. Throttle response and growling sounds are much improved. Free mod that really wakes the bike up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts