Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Done!

Changing the filter would be fairly easy ad you could get away with only taking out a few screws. Doing the whole lid is a little harder as you need to reach the front lid screws as well and remove a few other pieces. To actually replace the velocity stacks is a righteous pain in the no-no parts. Instead of having a lip on the front of the airbox and putting a few screws in back to seal the upper half, they put a screw every 2 inches all the way around. Maybe 4-6 are reasonably accessible. The rest are pure torture with a combination of tiny extensions, wobbles, finger ratchets and other tedious tricks. I went ahead and plugged the secondary air injection while I was in there to hopefully reduce decel popping and maybe make it easier to tune. As soon as some Italian IT infrastructure gets back on its feet we well throw a tune at it and take it for a spin.
Hat Personal protective equipment Font Auto part Eyewear

Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Automotive lighting Rolling

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Hood Automotive design

Automotive tire Flooring Floor Cookware and bakeware Serveware

· Registered
66 Posts
Done!

Changing the filter would be fairly easy ad you could get away with only taking out a few screws. Doing the whole lid is a little harder as you need to reach the front lid screws as well and remove a few other pieces. To actually replace the velocity stacks is a righteous pain in the no-no parts. Instead of having a lip on the front of the airbox and putting a few screws in back to seal the upper half, they put a screw every 2 inches all the way around. Maybe 4-6 are reasonably accessible. The rest are pure torture with a combination of tiny extensions, wobbles, finger ratchets and other tedious tricks. I went ahead and plugged the secondary air injection while I was in there to hopefully reduce decel popping and maybe make it easier to tune. As soon as some Italian IT infrastructure gets back on its feet we well throw a tune at it and take it for a spin.
Nice work! (y)

· Registered
84 Posts
Bike definitely pulls harder from 4-5k. The intake sound is pretty awesome. You can hear a little more of the mechanical noise at idle, but the intake howl when you roll on it from 3K up is great. Not as loud as an old S2R with open lid or a bike with pod filters but noticeable. I'll get it to the dyno sometime soon and see if it made any difference anywhere else. Definitely getting some nice gentle throttle wheelies in third gear that I didn't notice before. Part throttle response is better as well.

· Registered
67 Posts
Bike definitely pulls harder from 4-5k. The intake sound is pretty awesome. You can hear a little more of the mechanical noise at idle, but the intake howl when you roll on it from 3K up is great. Not as loud as an old S2R with open lid or a bike with pod filters but noticeable. I'll get it to the dyno sometime soon and see if it made any difference anywhere else. Definitely getting some nice gentle throttle wheelies in third gear that I didn't notice before. Part throttle response is better as well.
Nice work, too bad Ducati tries to make their bike so DIY-unfriendly now! How much more would it cost them to use spring clips to fasten the @#$%^&!!! air box cover?

I hope to see your dyno results soon. I’m sure you are anticipating the need to remap the fueling for the change these mods made to the air/fuel ratio. I’ll add popcorn to my grocery list.

Reactions: johnnycay57
1 - 19 of 19 Posts