Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to bin the stock air cleaner and all the associated gumf and fit a pair of pod filters, can anyone tell me the diameter of carbies on an 01 M750 and recommend a good place to get the pods? I'm in Australia so it will probably be a mail order job.

I'm going to remove the emissions system at the same time and fit a small pod filter to the crankcase outlet. I'd like to get one which will match the air filters if possible (ie black and black) so if there's any recommendations for that as well.....

While you're at it, show me yours! ;)

Cheerz

·
Registered
783 Posts
many of thw DML sponsors carry them I got mine from CA cycles .

·
Registered
454 Posts
Has anyone mounted those pods outsdie the frame? Ive seen that on other, usually custom bikes. The Confederate Hellcat has it too, i like the look and i think it would look pretty neat on a monster.

·
Registered
783 Posts
you would need to make some custom elbow manifolds and route them outside the frame. I think it's been done on a monster.

·
Banned
1,235 Posts
yup,

2 90 elbows facing thru the frame, then 2 pods.

Remember to correct the fuel too.

Q

·
Registered
454 Posts
know anyone who has done this with pictures?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
grayjay said:
I want to bin the stock air cleaner and all the associated gumf and fit a pair of pod filters, can anyone tell me the diameter of carbies on an 01 M750 and recommend a good place to get the pods? I'm in Australia so it will probably be a mail order job.

I'm going to remove the emissions system at the same time and fit a small pod filter to the crankcase outlet. I'd like to get one which will match the air filters if possible (ie black and black) so if there's any recommendations for that as well.....

While you're at it, show me yours! ;)

Cheerz
Grayjay, im in australia too. I removed the air box and used the stock venturies (trumpets/inlets). I then went to my local autoparts store and bought foam filters to suit. I bought mine at American Auto Parts (rare spares) in Homebush Sydney, which cost me $45 and were red like my bike too! I simply cable tie them in place.
For the crankcase breather i just bought a simple K&N filter from the same shop and clamped it on! done. - Chris

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for those replies,

Chris I like your idea of using the stock trumpets, now you've got me second guessing myself and thinking hmmm...polished velocity stacks...nice! Might not go too well with the locusts we've got in WA at the moment though... :-X

Needtorque that link was a great help, especially as it lists a dealer in country. Just need to get off my ar$e and measure the carbies now!

Cheerz [thumbsup]

·
Registered
316 Posts
has anyone tried the kit from TPO parts??

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am running a open airbox (just the filter and holddown ring) if I put pods on am I going to be lean again?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts