Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried just using foam in the stock velocity stacks instead of a regular rectangular filter?

Inquiring minds want to know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
The problem with foam is that over time it breaks down. It cracks and crumbles and gets into the engine. Not recommended long term and doesnt trap particals as well as K&N type filters.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
897 Posts
HyperM3 said:
The problem with foam is that over time it breaks down. It cracks and crumbles and gets into the engine. Not recommended long term and doesnt trap particals as well as K&N type filters.
CHeck the oil thread for some info on how well the K+N works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
Ddan said:
CHeck the oil thread for some info on how well the K+N works.
If its negative I have no desire. Ive been using K&N filters on all my cars for over 15 yrs now, not once has one failed me. The only issues that come up are when people overoil them before they put them back in. If you do it properly you wont have any issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,266 Posts
HyperM3 said:
If its negative I have no desire. Ive been using K&N filters on all my cars for over 15 yrs now, not once has one failed me. The only issues that come up are when people overoil them before they put them back in. If you do it properly you wont have any issues.
Ive seen several instances where, even if oiled correctly, the oil from the filter gets on the sensor wire on some hot wire type MAF sensors causing a drivability issue. Clean the sensor and it runs fine. (this is on cars BTW)
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top