Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
That's probably because most people in the know seem to believe that the F.I.'d bike make better power with the airbox lid in place.

Most people experiment with removing one or both airbox snorkles, but I've seen dyno results that show the removing the entire lid is overkill.

--Fillmore

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's probably because most people in the know seem to believe that the F.I.'d bike make better power with the airbox lid in place.

Most people experiment with removing one or both airbox snorkles, but I've seen dyno results that show the removing the entire lid is overkill.

--Fillmore
hmmmm........that is a curious statement to me. I would assume that Doug Lofgren and Manley Cycle are in the know.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts

hmmmm........that is a curious statement to me as well. I would assume that Neil Spalding, at Sigma Performance, is also one of those "people in the know". Here's an article where he experiments with the airbox on his ST4:

"The first confirmation was that the Ducati design department still suffers from 'Supermono airbox disease'. We took the airbox top off and promptly found a bunch of power, all the dips and bumps in the curve ironed out. Torque likewise was up, at 6000 rpm we had a near 7 ft-lb. improvement; 14% more than standard.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
hmmmm........that is a curious statement to me. I would assume that Doug Lofgren and Manley Cycle are in the know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts