Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 M900S with Ferracci pipes, a K&N filter and a Power Commander II. All this gear was installed at the same time and the map installed on the PCII is basically +4 to +10 across the board.

On the Power Commander site, I found a map for the same basic setup but, with the airbox cover removed. It's been a while since I looked at the map but, I think it varied from -10 to about +25. When I loaded it and pulled of the airbox cover, the bike ran really rough down low (<3000) but seemed to have a real kick above 4500. The extra kick was nice but, it was too unridable so, I reloaded the previous map and put the airbox cover back on.

Here in NJ, there is only one Power Commander tuning center and I'm thinking of bringing the bike to get the PCII remapped. When I talked to the guy there he basically said that he wouldn't do maps for both the open and closed airbox (at least not for normal price!).

Anybody have any thoughs on the subject (or know of some existing PCII maps that might work out better?)

Z

·
0 Posts
Why would you want to have another custom map made for a closed airbox? It sounds like the current one that you are using is working fine if you ever wanted to go back to that setup.
Upload and save your current map, and go get a custom map for an open airbox setup. Then you will have both.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point.

What didn't mention was that while the current set up works, I think I can be improved. I get a modest amount of soot buildup on the plugs that leads me to think that the set up may be a bit rich overall.

I guess what I'm really trying to find out is other's experiences with open air boxes.

R

·
0 Posts
Hey Mario I'm running a open box with K&N, but went with Ultimap flashload.....I got a few more ponies with the remap and very smooth running....I reckon because the resonance, and air change, and the variance's between bikes, it always seems to work out for the best to have the bike remapped on a dyno.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts