Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning Team M
Have a 2001 750Dark that is need of a new airbox box cover. Seems hard to fined one with the air funnels. Any suggestions / cross references??

·
Registered
765 Posts
The funnels were supposedly for noise control, also supposedly cost a couple of horses, hence, most are missing. Many air box covers were removed or modified , same deal.
Somebody will have one in their shed, or try one of the bike breakers on eBay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy I bought the bike from "modified" with a "sledge hammer". The box was glued together and the cover cut with a eye-side of a blind. I thought Ebay was a good source and was surprised it was empty like the toilet paper isle during a virus outbreak. I keep the dream alive:cool:;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Even the factory cut airboxes that come with the Termi kit don't exactly look "factory". They look kinda hacked. I thought the previous owner of my bike did some terrible DIY mod to it until I researched and found that that is how they came. Mine looks like this pic from the internet:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Even the factory cut airboxes that come with the Termi kit don't exactly look "factory". They look kinda hacked. I thought the previous owner of my bike did some terrible DIY mod to it until I researched and found that that is how they came. Mine looks like this pic from the internet:
Same here, I bought my 620 with termis and the previous owner chopped the airbox cover exactly like that. I never liked it much couse I thought it could be dangerous if water gets there when riding on rain or something. It supposed to breath better and ran better like this though. But now I feel better knowing it's "normal".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts