Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is finally getting back to lookin good. I pretty much sanded/painted/polished or replaced anything that was scratched up in my wreck. Im pretty much just waiting to get the tank back and get my C/F seat cover, side panels. I was also so jelous of all the pretty clutch covers your dry clutchers have so I decided to purty mine up a bit. Heres a couple pics of the progress. Oh yeah im totally digging the painted headlight ring..... that one piece of chrome on the bike always looks "cheap" to me. I found this really cool rattle can paint at home depot. Its got a really light texture to it and covers great and sprays on pretty thick for a durable finish. The brand is Rust-Oleum Textured and I highly recommend it. Heres a couple pics.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice job! Are the belt covers painted? Mine are gray, I like the darker contrast, but CF is too $$$.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Love the polished clutch cover. Man, your ideas may be keeping me all night through the winter but it will be worth it.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.... yeah the belt covers are painted with the aformentioned paint in my first post. I must say ive never acheived such good results from using spray paint. You would not even know the parts didnt come like that from the factory. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've also painted my belt covers, same color as you, but I used a different paint. Came out really great. I like that you've painted your rearsests black, I was going to do that too, but I thought my feet would rub the paint off it. What do you think about that?

Have you ridden it since painted, or was that in the rebuild process?

Let me know, I might have to paint mine now

David

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Doesnt hurt to try the paint first, if it wears off, have it powdercoated instead.
BTW, 03monster800 (if that is your real name..)
i am going to be having a buttload of stuff powdercoated black over the winter, if you have anything that needs coated you can throw it in with a batch of my stuff.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The paint I used is pretty thick due to the "texture" added. I think it will be much more durable than a standard spray finish. I had to sand out a run in the rearset and was surprised by how thick the first coat of paint was. Im sure that ill enventially get a few scratches on them that bother me and will just have to do a recoat.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gee... thanks Jeff... now ya tell me. Oh well maybe I can wreck it again by then and do another rebuild. j/k. I may take you up on that for a couple things. Thanks!

S

·
0 Posts
If the rearsets are aluminum which they should be you can anodize them, it is very durable and looks great. Just look up metal finishers in your local yellow pages.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts