Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with the AGV XR2? I have a Suomy Spec1R and am looking at buying the AGV as a second helmet. Curious if anyone had comments on how the sizes compare to each other or about the AGV XR2 in general. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
I have both, and a Shoei X11 too. Of the 3, I like the Suomy the best. It's the lightest (great for the neck on longer rides), but it's also the noiseiest. Not an issue for me once I started wearing earplugs.

I wear the AGV the least. Not becuase it isn't a nice helmet or that it doesn't look good but I find the "chin" area of the helmet wider (taller?) than the other 2 and I have a hard time doing head checks in traffic cause I can't turn my head as far w/o a concious and harder effort. The helmet contacts the armor in the shoulder of my jacket a lot sooner is what I mean.

Other than that, it's a great helmet!

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
If it's any help...I wear a large in both BUT, the Suomy does fit snugger than the AGV. It could be due to different sizing, or it could be due to slightly different shell shapes. If I had to do it all over again, I'd order the order the Suomy in an XL. $230 sounds like a bargain for the AGV though.

The Shoei fits me the best of all 3 but it's also the heaviest. On 500+ mile rides I find that I'm in need of a neck/shoulder rub. Luckily my lady's a massage therapist. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your insight has been very helpful... I think I will give the AGV in an XL a shot. I guess I would rather err on the plus side (and "look at the size of his melon!" I've got a big head).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.