Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking into getting an AGV helmet (V-Flyer) and a pair of SIDI boots. I like the styling of both and it seems that quality is up there too. Can anyone give me their opinion if they have either of these products? Thanks.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm sure you'll hear plenty of positive reviews on Sidi boots. I have the Vertebra II, like many others do, and I am very happy with them. I have never crash tested them (*knock wood*) but they are quality and very comfortable - sometimes I wear them all day at the office. My only complaint is that on some of the colder days lately, my toes have gotten quite cold. However, I suspect my toes would have suffered the same in just about any boot.

I know little about AGV helmets. I've heard they are quite good - maybe a step below Arai and Shoei in quality, although protection should be the same, as they all have to comply to the same standards. I do know that Rossi wears one, but then again, he's paid a lot of money to wear it, so make of that what you will.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not sure which Sidi's youre looking at..but I've got the Strada's and I think they're excellent.
I waited a long time to buy motorcycle specific boots figuring that work boots were just fine, but I'm really glad I finally got the Sidi's.
Very comfy, totally waterproof, and you can actually move your foot over the pegs easily and feel the peg under your foot, rather than having some big knobby chunk of rubber between your foot and the peg.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I've got two pairs of Sidi boots (Vertebra II and On-Road) and like them both.

I did buy a high end AGV helmet and pawned it off on someone else after just a few rides because it just wasn't comfortable. Other helmets that I've had felt a little weird when new and I got used to them pretty quick, but the AGV just had bad pressure points that I couldn't deal with. I know other people who love their AGVs, just make sure that you really like the fit before you take it home.

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your input guys. I'm going to the IMS in Cleveland in a couple weeks, and hopefully they have some examples of those boots (and an AGV) to try on.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
i like my Sidis.... even though they're pretty old now (maybe 5 yrs old or so)
Yeah Daffe, and they squeak like Hell! ;) :eek:

You really need to try on the boots, because unlike regular leather boots they won't conform over time to your foot much. I like the Stradas too - wore them for my 2 week trip in NZ, but never had to really test their waterproofness.

G

·
I like my SIDIs, but they do squeak like a furry little rodent... I spray silicone in the back of them, works for a while...

·
Registered
599 Posts
Can't say first hand on either product. But just remember, whenever you go to try on a helmet, try it on and wear it around the motorcycle shop for at LEAST 20 minutes. You'll get a bit of an idea on whether its going to be hitting pressure spots, if it's too tight or not, etc.

G

·
I just shelved my 2nd AGV...(I don't remember the model; but, it was the flagship went I bought it in 98). My Mrs still wears an AGV. Anyhow, I had no complaints about AGV...............that is until I wore a friend's Arai Quantum. Man what a difference!!!! I went straight to the shop and picked-up an RX7 Corsair. After I got it home, I decided it did not fit correctly and exchanged it for a Quantum (the Quantum was the only Arai that seemed to fit my melon....and I tried them all). The reason, I'm passing this on, is to remind you that all helmets do not fit the same (even model to model from the same manufacturer).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts