Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I am hoping that someone can tell me what website to go to in order to get an aftermarket tail piece--I want to get rid of the black plastic stock tail. It would have to be for a 2001 monster S4. Any help or info I would be greatful for.
Thanks!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Are you talking about a total chop? If so, I believe that most people here do-it-themselves and there are a number of theads related, use the search function for "tail chop", also www.ducatipipemod.com has a great guide thanks to Strati... If you want an aftermarket kit for the total chop, I think pro italia or red racing make them, both are available at www.motowheels.com I think. If you don't want a total tail chop, but an alternative to the stock black piece, there are theads on that too, I believe Carbon Dream, Ducati, and some other carbon fiber places make such items, but not cheap... Hope this helps!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I chopped my tail about a month ago. Got the parts from http://www.proitalia.com for around $80. Their website only lists the older parts so you'll have to give them a call but they had plenty in stock.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Check under the Tech or Accessories posts for a thread titled Abbreviated Tail. There was a tail from www.carbon.de that was basically a shrunked version of the stock tail, in carbon, that looked pretty good. They had a few other tails in that thread as well.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I believe u really dont have to chop the tail unless u dig the look but then I do :). This is the cheapest replacement if u dont want to build ur own
http://www.evoluzione.net/vitem90021.htm
Although please check the year before u get it. Gets rid of that ugly plastic thingy under the tail tray which holds the plate.

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Y'all are probably gonna laugh at me but does anyone know if the tail chop still allows you to use the Mandarin bags? My fear is the tail lights will be positioned right where the bags ride.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think u have to get creative how u relocate ur turn signals. If your are really going for tail chop go with after market turn signals which are small and u can play around with their position. Unless u get high pipes saddle bags should be no problem ofcourse IMHO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts