Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can get an aftermarket kickstand that is longer than the OEM. I don't know if its me but the kickstand just seems to short and i hate that. Are there any aftermarket kickstands out there that are longer?

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
I use a longer Cycle Cat kickstand on my 96 M944. It works great. I had to change the base out to a late model one because it did not fit the old base. It is a direct bolt on for late model bikes. the added side benefit was it gave me more clearance to adjust my rear sets--as the kickstand used to get in the way of my shifter. Motowheels has them for about 10% off in the member section...

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I got one of these to find out I needed the late model plate, 99's have a much larger diameter pivot. SHOOT i said.

I'll just have to wait till i have the cash flow for both soon, they look WAY better than stock. I was impressed, afterall, its 'just' a sidestand, right?

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
You might consider just welding a thicker pivot (the flat end piece) to the bottom of the stock kickstand.

- Bill

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i am going to go w/ the cycle cat. I guess they are my only choice if i don't want to do the homemade extension, which i don't. I have an '06 S2r 800 so hopefully it will just be a bolt on. Thanks to all for the help on this one

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
It is just a bolt on. You will need to find out what length you need. Tha DKS71 is one inch longer. To see if this is an acceptable length, place a piece of wood that is one inch thick under your current stand. The other stands wh have are stock length and shorter than stock so they would not be of interest to you. The DKS71 should be perfect though.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts