Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I’ve been lurking this website for a little while now and it’s been super helpful, but now I need advice for something I can’t find any info on.

I bought an aftermarket led headlight from Thailand. The connector is different, and the seller has tried to tell me how to adapt it, but his English isn’t the best, and I’m frankly confused.

is there an adapter I can purchase to adapt the headlight to my stock connector? Any ideas?
Here is a photo of my bikes factory connector (note that one of the connectors looks corroded, should I be worried about this? Headlight worked fine before removal)

and here is a photo of the new headlight connector;

here is what the bike is supposed to look like with the headlight. The seller is Tony’s Bike Design, and I really recommend him. The handlebars I got are great, and the mirrors are nice too. I just need to figure out the headlight lol...

thank you guys so much for the help. Electrical stuff is not my forte, so I really appreciate it. Can’t wait to ride again soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Ducati connector has four wires which are +12 headlight low, +12 headlight high, parking light and ground. My guess is that the led one you bought only has headlight high, low and ground. Did you get wiring instructions with the new headlight? I doubt you will be able to find a plug and play harness. Suggest you also get a test light or multimeter to figure out which wire is which.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not get instructions. I just messaged the seller again and if he provides information I will post it here.

even if I get a test light and figure out which are which, how do I adapt it and make it work? I’m confused.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You will need to buy wire taps or butt connectors to splice the wiring. The test light will tell you which wire to connect. You will need a wiring diagram for the led or you will risk damaging it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Your connector is burned. You need to clean it well or replace it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
LED headlight bulbs are not recommended for use with the OEM original Ducati headlight housing. The reflector is designed for use with the original bulbs focal point. The LED's will not focus the beam properly and will also produce unwanted glare. So you can not just pop in an LED replacement and expect good results. There are aftermarket conversion kits but they are expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts