Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my S4 today and dealer said the only exhaust to get was Termi "kit" that comes with new ECM/ICM? and air filter.

dealer said Remus or Staintunes cause a lean low speed idle and possibility of burnt piston which wouldn't be covered under warranty...I'm wondering if this is dealer's way to "encourage" me pay $1500 for the Termi set?

I want aluminum or stainless high mounts, any recommendations and where to buy?

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Dunno about the S4, but I bought a set of used Termis *without* a chip and the bike has run fine without it. I'm considering getting a flash load to smooth some things out at the low end, but I don't think the chip is strictly necessary. Termis sure are nice tho'...

As for what/where to buy, check out the exhaust FAQ - there is a list of DML sponsors on the right side.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
My opinion is the dealer is trying to lighten your wallet by misinforming you.

You can get the Termi kit, with the new ECU and air filter.

Or, you can get any of several other other brands of exhaust can, a PC III and a K&N filter. Cut open your airbox top if you want, get a dyno-tune to optimize your PC III, and you'll still be several hundred dollars better off than with the Termi system, and the PC III map can be altered in the future for other mods.

Check out this thread on bad batteries:
http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=forum1;action=display;num=1056238019

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
is a PC III a power commander?
Affirmative.

If you just change the exhaust cans, it'll run a tiny bit leaner, but nothing that's going to hurt the motor.

If you hack the airbox lid, the PC III or other mixture altering device will be needed.

S

·
0 Posts
Get the Power commander III!!!!!!!!!!

That way you have all sorts of options and are not chained to the factory map or paying to have a flash map done.

I'm an old school Carb weenie and hated injection untill the guys here convinced me that it was EASIER,and I took the plunge.

Hell....
It's all the fun of jetting a carb without the angst and gas spilled all over the garage and bike!

More flexible and precise as well!

OH and yes,it's cheaper than the other option.

Best of luck to ya!
S-28

1 - 6 of 6 Posts