Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or have a web page for the new S4R showing an aftermarket exhaust? Has anyone replaced the stock exhaust expansion unit, apparently designed from a 96 Ford Taurus? ;D

Regards,
Rideon

S

·
0 Posts
I've contacted almost all the big exhaust manufacturors and only Arrow confirmed that they would start designing a complete system in September '03.

Dp will have a complete system probably by the end of this year.

Febur confirmed that they have a system ready but I asked several times for specifications but received nothing yet.

I ordered the DP kit with 2 mufflers on each side + ecu + airfilter. But if I can find a good complete system the old one will go.

Yannick

·
Registered
413 Posts
What exactly is the purpose of the expansion chamber in the first place ? Might getting rid of it drastically effect the preformance ? Maybe a PCIII would take care of it, but these aren't really available for S4Rs yet are they ?
The more I look at the "cow stomach" the uglier it gets and I keep asking myself why ? Why would they build that instead of just using pipes ?
Anyone know ?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
What exactly is the purpose of the expansion chamber in the first place ? Might getting rid of it drastically effect the preformance ? Maybe a PCIII would take care of it, but these aren't really available for S4Rs yet are they ?
The more I look at the "cow stomach" the uglier it gets and I keep asking myself why ? Why would they build that instead of just using pipes ?
Anyone know ?
It's there as a pre-muffler. Those 2 small 'shotgun' mufflers aren't big enough by themselves, without being so restrictive that it'd have less power than the S4, maybe worse.

Big muffler volume = passing DOT (and other regulatory) sound limits with decent power.

R

·
0 Posts
The Ducati Rep told me it was to let the bike run richer and pass the smog rules. I am not sure how or why.
As for teh PCIII, I got this letter to day from Dynjet.

We have yet to look at an S4R. The local Ducati dealership is going to let us know when they get one for us to look at. Hopefully we will have more info by the end of the year. Thanks.

Dustin Schaller

Dynojet Research

Power Commander R&D

800-992-4993

www.dynojet.com

www.powercommander.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts