Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local ducati shop has told me they'll need to hook up their dynometer and remap the chip in my '01 900Sie after I put on my Termignoni slipons. One person on this forum already told me that he hadn't heard of the need for that before. Another person wrote that the chip's CO needs to be changed by 5%. Is it necessary? If so, is it unwise to ride for very long without having it done??

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
jcokerca said:
My local ducati shop has told me they'll need to hook up their dynometer and remap the chip in my '01 900Sie after I put on my Termignoni slipons. One person on this forum already told me that he hadn't heard of the need for that before. Another person wrote that the chip's CO needs to be changed by 5%. Is it necessary? If so, is it unwise to ride for very long without having it done??
After I got my Termi's slipons, I thought about remapping on my 01' 900Sie as well. But many said it wasn't neccessary. Plus there was no dealer near me that knows how to do it. So I just left it be. After 3000 miles, the bike seems to be running just fine. [thumbsup]

If you really want to do it, I'd just spend the cash on an aftermarket chip rather than remapping the OEM... just in case you want to sell your bike and turn everything back to stock.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Dynamic213 said:
After I got my Termi's slipons, I thought about remapping on my 01' 900Sie as well. But many said it wasn't neccessary. Plus there was no dealer near me that knows how to do it. So I just left it be. After 3000 miles, the bike seems to be running just fine. [thumbsup]

If you really want to do it, I'd just spend the cash on an aftermarket chip rather than remapping the OEM... just in case you want to sell your bike and turn everything back to stock.
My dealer did it in 5 min and it was free

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.