Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It as awesome to live in mountains of SW Virginia!! Took an after dinner ride last night on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Fabulous evening. Temperature around 70F and ZERO traffic. Gotta love the 270 degree sweeping turns on nice pavement. Anyway, here's a few photos of my Monster 1200 S with 460 miles on the odometer.

Monster at Mabry Mill on the BRP by egpaterson, on Flickr

The Saddle on the BRP. Near Floyd, VA by egpaterson, on Flickr

Entrance to the BRP at HWY 8 near Floyd, VA by egpaterson, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
nice. i like the first pic most. i wish i'd had more time for pics when i took the blue ridge last month.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Very cool. This past Saturday my dad and I rode up 8 from Winston Salem to Stuart and cut across 58 to the BRP. We took a break at Lovers Leap on 58 then hit the BRP at Meadows of Dan and rode back to Fancy Gap and back down 52. It was a fun ride but I wish we had run 8 all the way to Tuggle Gap and got on the BRP there and rode down. I'm sure Mabry Mill was packed on Saturday though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Cool shots! Beautiful bike!
I just had my M750 at the same places on the BRP a few weeks ago.
Also, Rt. 16 from Marion to Tazewell ("Back of the Dragon") is a great ride, I did that just this past Monday (Memorial Day).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool shots! Beautiful bike!
I just had my M750 at the same places on the BRP a few weeks ago.
Also, Rt. 16 from Marion to Tazewell ("Back of the Dragon") is a great ride, I did that just this past Monday (Memorial Day).
Mirwin, nice to meet you, where are you in the NRV? Rt. 16 is on my to-do list, and I hope to do it soon.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I live in Dublin, but I ride all around the area. I'm in Blacksburg pretty frequently and occasionally ride with the VT motorcycle club.
Totally jealous of your new Monster 1200 S!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well hot damn if it isn't some local fellow Ducati owners!

Reppin the NRV !

I just got my first Ducati and hope I might catch you guys out on the road sometime !:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts