Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AFM Racing is this weekend at Sears Point.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'll probably go. I know Sunday is about $10 - is Saturday free for spectators?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike~
We will get there early,we will try and look for you. :)

Spectator Information: Gate fee on the race Sunday is usually $10-12 per adult at Sears Point, Thunderhill and Buttonwillow, with kids 12 and under getting in for free. Gates open at 6:30 am for racers & workers, but the Sunday action doesn't start until 8:00 with first practice sessions... the first race usually starts at approx. 10:30 to 11:00, with 2-3 races held before lunch, and the balance of the races recommencing at around 12:30 or so and continuing to approx 5:00 pm.

The raceday schedule (order that the different classes are run) usually changes from race-to-race, but the AFM's Premiere event, the Formula Pacific Challenge... "the fastest riders on the fastest bikes..." is normally held sometime between 1:45 to 3 pm.

Spectators have full access to the paddock and can freely browse around, but there are some safety rules to follow... see the raceday program when you arrive for the racetrack's list of "do's and don'ts". This is especially important when it comes to children and pets... for their safety please keep a watchful eye on them at all times and keep them in control.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike~
This is what the schedule looks like so far if it changes I will post it.

Tentative Raceday Schedule for the 10-5-03 Infineon (Sears Point) event
1. 600 Production
2. Open Superbike, 750 Production
3. F-1
4. 450 Production, 250 Superbike
5. 600 Superbike
6. 750 Superbike, Open Production
7. F-3, Singles, 500 Twins
8. F-Pacific
9. 250 Production, Vintage
10. F-40, S-Dino
11. Open Twins, 450 Superbike
12. F-2
13. Open GP, 650 Twins

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like this is going to be the schedule for Sunday. Probably get there around 11am doing a little circle first :D

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One more reason to go! ;D

The final AFM races are this Sunday at Sears Point.(aka Infineon
Raceway.) Vallejo HD is currently in second place for the Formula
Twins category with a chance to win the Championship with Shawn Riley
piloting their Buell Bike. This is going up against Honda RC-51,
Suziki SV1000 and the like.

Just some great road racing Sunday with admission only $10.00.
Saturday is free is you want to see the testing/qualifying and also
the Four hour endurance race.

I'll be there. Gates open at 8:00 AM Racing starts around 10:00 AM.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I can't decide between the AFM races and the Motard races in Sonoma. I may do both, but I'm not sure yet.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damm It Mike! Now Marty wants to know where the Motard races are? He wants to go! Give the info please!!! :-/ ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Marty can go play VERTIMATI, and we can go hang with Tom and Rich. Don't worry be happy :-*

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hehe... sorry Ally. I had a feeling he might be interested. Info can be found at:

www.supermotousa.com

Here's some of the details:

Event:
Nor-Cal SuperMoto Championship (Round 3)
Santa Rosa, CA
Date: Oct, 4th & 5th (2003)

Saturday Schedule:
7:00am Gates Open
7:30am - 9:00am Registration
9:45am Riders Meeting
NO MOTORS UNTIL 10:00am!!!
10:01am Practice
12:00pm Heat Races
Time Allowing Open Practice After Heats

Sunday Schedule:
7:30am - Gates Open
8:00am-9:00am - Late Registration
9:45am - Riders Meeting
10:01am - Practice
12:00pm - LCQ's if neccessary
1:00pm - Mains

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great day riding and hanging out at the track... Checked out
lots of bikes and talked with numerous people :) Vallejo HD is ppumped and their bikes looks awesome! Rode Marty's friends race bike around the pit area ;D time for a race bike me thinks ;) Looking forward to tomorrow RACE DAY! Thanks Kelly for riding and hanging with us today.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!! I LOVE KEN HILL!!! Yes, he rides a Ducati and he beat the Buell in Formula Open. It was a quick race as there was a major wreck in turn 11. Scary for a moment as my good friend Greg Creech was in the turn when it happened. Felt bad for Shawn Reilly on the Buell but, it just was not up to par today sputtering and all.

Richard Reyes are other friend took a bad spill in his warm up lap and did not race until race 5, but did well and Jeff Tigert won that race, although Ken Hill came in 4th ;D

Ed Barlow on his very cool 125 in race 7 did well too! Yeah! Ed ;D

On major news, Marty and I are doing track days with Greg in November and December and we both bought steering dampers for our bikes. Mine is Red, his is Black very cool accessory. It was such a beautiful day out at Sears Point and I am sad AFM is over for this season, but looking forward to March for the beginning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts