Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick tech tip--I installed a steering dampner on my 06s2r1k recently. I used a gsxr 1000 factory piece and installed it on a 90 degree bracket off the horn mount aiming forward to the black aluminum piece under the lower tripple tree. These stabilizers are all over ebay, under $20 shipped and while not adjustable still hellps the ride considerably. I highly suggest this mod. It looks great if you know to look for it. If anyone needs help with this I can shoot some pics

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yea can u post some pics....

·
Registered
188 Posts
nice work! l bought one for $9.00 off a guy on the Suzuki Hayabusa website but haven`t mounted it yet--please post some pics of your solution because l`ve yet to get mine on.Thanks for that.. :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
i thought the same of the dampner vs damper and i know which is correct, but last night i put dampner into ebay and bam like a hundred hits.

anyway i still want to know if this is a good idea or if it could potentially screw things up. has anyone else done this?

·
Registered
541 Posts
PICS........as much as I dislike the Zuki guys in my area......I wouldn't be opposed having a damnnmnper.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
attach the body of the reservoir to the throttle side of the horn bracket, using a right angle bracket approx 1 1/2 by 1 1/2 inches. use metal or aluminum tubing with the internal hole the same size as the internal hole in the swivel eye of the body . this tubing keeps the eye moving, if the body is mounted flat againts the bracket it will not swivel. the bolt goes through the dammitnepener body eye, through about 1/2 inch of tubing throught the metal bracket through the nut (locknut). have someone sit on the bike and turn from stop to stop while holding your dammitper the geometry will be close but it works if the darnitper is on the throttle side of the horny bracket..

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its not too bad i can talk ya through it if ya buy one no special tools drill 3/8" bit and some hand tools. i would say the difficulty rating is about 2 beers (after riding obviously) email me when ya get one [email protected]
mine is off of a 2002 gixxer 1000

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Thanks for posting the pix.

I had been looking at those dampers on ebay for some time now. Was trying to figure out if one would mount up. Thanks for taking care of any doubt I had.

Just curious how thick is the material that the dampner is mounted to.

Thanks again mike!

·
Banned
53 Posts
ok...i just picked one up on ebay for just over 20 with shipping. off a 2005 gixxer 1000. im gonna be sending you a PM when i get it hackd so you can help me out with the install. Thanks for the post! looking forward to smoother steering. :D

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Damper, fellas. Damper.

Dampener, dampner and damnnmnper have a high degree of truthyness but ultimately end up referring to a fast moving rain shower or some other neologism. Flowers like dampeners. Motorcycles like dampers. Thanks for your time.
[/grammar nazi]

Now that I have that out of my system... great info! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
SPAM!!! If anyone wants one I have one of my '01 GSXR600 I'll sell for 15 bucks plus shipping. It looks just like that one in the picture. PM me if anyone wants it, it's just sitting here doing nothing...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.