Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with them? I am a commuter/use-the-bike-around-town kind of guy; I want protection without the racer-replica look.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Just for reference, here are the combat boots:

I saw on aerostich website
http://www.aerostich.com/riderwearhouse.store

They also have another non-racer-boy type of boot:

I like the look of them better than the combat boots. Maybe I am confusing logos though, but doesn't the logo on the second pair look like alpinestar's? Or, is aerostich's just similar?

mitt

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think those are the A-Stars City boots. The CTBs are made for Aerostich by Sidi, anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
I bought a pair of the Alpinestars below and am really happy with them for general everyday commuting and wear. They look like regular boots under jeans and are really confortable for knocking around while offering just enough hidden armor for short rides...

·
Registered
339 Posts
I agree with Scooby on the Aerostich City/Alpinestar boots. For they money, they are great boots. Functional, really waterproof, and very comfortable but thankfully devoid of all the squid bits. But, they do seem to run a good 1/2 size too large, so be careful on the fit.
mike

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I am still stuck between these, the Sidi On Roads, and the Sidi Stradas. They all seem to be good boots (better be for that kind of money) and very protective.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Wow, I can't believe that I didn't see this post before now. Not sure if anyone who visited this thread 2 years ago is interested, but I'll keep it alive anyway.

I just received a pair of the Aerostich "Combat Lite Boots" as a Christmas present from my wife. Here's a pic:

Michael's post is not entirely correct -- as you can see from the picture, there is a really simple lacing system inside the leather front flap. Simply grab the laces, pull them up to tighten, cinch down the lace "lock" thingy, and tuck the excess string inside the front flap. Takes about 10 seconds to don each boot (from start to finish).

Unfortunately, it's very cold and snowy here, so I will have to wait 'til March or April to do some road testing on these boots. But they look great and fit my size 12 feet very well.

I'll write a "gear review", once I've had a chance to break 'em in and ride some miles.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I got a pair as well and have been trying to break them in. They are very stiff when new but get some flex in them as you wear them. Bluemoco is right in his assesment that they are easy to lace up. With the lace locking device you don't even tie a knot in them, just pull up on the end of the laces and push the lock down to secure them, then tuck them into the flap as you flip it closed. I rode in 30 degree weather with them yesterday to test them out and they still need some breaking in. I've never owned a pair of motorcycle boots before and used to ride in a pair of steel toe Timberland work boots. I find shifting to be a bit more difficult in the Aerostich boots but I attribute that to needing more breaking in. I wore them for a few days here and there but never rode in them until yesterday. As the box shows in the picture, they are manufactured by Sidi. Something that you probably won't notice in most photos is the small reflective patch on the back of each boot. You can see it in the photo but it's not noticable to me in the photo. Overall they look VERY well made.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts