Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Remus Titanium cans worth buying?I am gonna get them wednesday but has anyone had problems with them?Do they sound good?Or are carbon fibre the best sounding type of can?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Titainium cans in general dent very easy...the material is very exspensive (Duh)LOL and the wall thickness is very thin Verses Alum. If your going for a weight savings go Carbon Fiber where you do not trade weight for everyday durability. Most racers are willing to run the risk, and factory teams have thhat magic truck full of "SPARE PARTS"

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I agree with superbee's advice. Though I'm still planning on getting titanium cans... :)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I've got thr Remus Alum. low mounts. I prefer the "chrome" look to carbon fiber when it comes to exhaust. I'm real happy with the sound and the slight performance boost. Sorry, no help with the titaniums.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want high pipes (and will have a pillon) and I've heard that the titanium doesn't get as hot as aluminum is this true?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Remus cans have a heat barrier within them, so the really don't get very hot. Baffled(chambered) pipes generally get hotter than straight thru perforated core pipes as well.

If you're rough enough on your equipment to put a dent in a titanium can, you need to be more careful, because you'll screw up ANY pipe doing stupid sh!t.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank You all.I got a phone call from the dealership with them fitted.The phone call only consisted of my bike being reved lots of oohing and ah-ing and then laughter.They sound mean look great.Price is cheaper than carbon and well all pipes get scuffed.Cool thing is titanium sparks!I am gonna go for them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts