Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new here and new ducati owner.
I need advice on my 2014 ducati monster abs 796. I bought the bike that has been garage kept. It only has 260 miles on it. Starts fine and functions as it should. My question is what do I do in order to make sure everything functions properly. Im thinking of adding seafoam or K100 and full tank of gas as first step. Im also thinking of doing an oil and filter change. Anything else I should be concerned for? Cam belt switch? Pls advice. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I wouldn't do anything to it honestly. A fresh tank of fuel definitely. Probably it's second or third fill up in 6+ years? I might consider draining it completely and starting fresh with that much garage time, however that's just me. If it came down to taking it somewhere and paying to have it done, I wouldn't mess with it. I would skip adding anything to the fuel at this point. If not drained it needs to be ridden and burned off. You may already have a witch's brew going on in there. Why add to it. As for the oil, it's old yes. But you're barely into the break-in period. I'd leave it for now. Last thing you want during running in is an overly slick oil. As for the belts, you'll probably want to replace them before the normally scheduled time. It might be a good idea to heat up a few times and then pull the covers off and see how they're doing. You can bet they're pretty stiff at the moment. I have to admit Ducati OEM belts are pretty resilient (At least they used to be). I would check them soon, but they should get you through for now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.