Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 s4r and would like to drop my foot pegs a little. I am 6'5 " so I feel just a little snug riding in the standard position. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
unfortunately, the way the stock stuff is designed, you can't really drop the whole assembly, the only thing I can really think of is to make a bracket that extends the peg only down a bit, but then I don't think you could adjust the pedals down far enough to actually work right

the only real option is for you to get aftermarket rearsets that are adjustable as far as I can think, choose your poison on brands, they're all nice but not all will give you a full range of adjustment, just depends on how much you need... quite pricey though

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
You are going to want to do something like this to get the ball rolling (until you get aftermarket rearsets, like CycleCat or Sato or the MotoWheels kit): Install a bracket set to lower the rearsets.

From DesmoTimes, there is a bracket set, but I do not believe it would work with S*R series, but a quick call will let you know whether or not.

His product is here: http://www.desmotimes.com/product19.htm

The homepage here: http://www.desmotimes.com

You may have to machine something similar. Perhaps he will do something for you or has something already, just not on the site yet.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
yeah, that won't work on the s*r bikes, there's a big ass nut that holds the stock pieces on that you just can't work around :-\

and just fyi, the desmotimes piece won't really work with a stock setup on the dual sided swingarm bikes either as there's a third mounting point on the stock monster sets, he states on his page there specifically that this will only fit ST series bikes or monsters with aftermarket sets only... makes sense due to the third mounting point on the stock monster stuff

i'm looking at the s*r series stock set now and really, the only way to move the peg is to make an adapter that would utilize the stock peg location, and a plate that would lower that position, but it's a little tough because you'd have to reuse the stock pin that goes through the peg and then replicate that pin type setup to remount the peg.

or get some hard mount pegs like the CC ones that screw in, utilize the stock pin setup to mount a plate with a threaded hole to mount that peg in,
then you don't really solve the pedal adjustment problem, I suspect you might need longer actuator rods to get the adjustment you would need... ??? :-X :-\

in any case, it's just a lot of headache...

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
ATO Memphis said:
You are going to want to do something like this to get the ball rolling (until you get aftermarket rearsets, like CycleCat or Sato or the MotoWheels kit):
Will these work on S*R bikes?

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Here is some quick info I have on Rearsets from a couple of different vendors.
Brand, Approx. Price, Vendor and if listed (color).

They all appear to be around the same price, so its really which you like the look of best. Enjoy.

• Sato Rearsets for S4R and S4R/S2R from $525-549 at Motostrano
  • CycleCat Rearsets for S4R from $595, CC Reverse Shifter Available from Motostrano

• CycleCat Rearsets for S4R/S2R from $565 (backorder) from Motowheels.
    Reverse Shifter also Available. (available in all the CC colors)
  • MS Monster S2R/4R Rearsets - $540 from Motowheels (anthracite and silver)
  • Sato kit listed for Non-S2R/4R bikes, so a call will get you info on the other most likely at Motowheels

• Rizoma Rearsets for S2R/4R - $565 from PJ's Parts. (Black color only)

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for ll the great info. Do you know if it's fairly easy to put a set of rearsets on (cycle cats?) or should I have the shop do it for me?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I just put Rizoma rearsets from PJ's on my 04 S4R and it took me about an hour.  You just need a few tools.  They are fully adjustable and look great.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Jetstream314 said:
Thanks for ll the great info. Do you know if it's fairly easy to put a set of rearsets on (cycle cats?) or should I have the shop do it for me?
install is very simple, just take your time. If you aren't very mechanically inclined, it may be advisable to get someone else to do it or at least supervise

1 - 9 of 9 Posts