Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The way I am sitting, I really could use them to be up about an inch. How is this done? Do you rotate everything (throttle, controls, etc)?

Ducati Monster 796, btw. This stuff doesn't appear to be in the manual, and I must be searching for the wrong keywords on google.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Do you just want to raise up the entire handlebar? (which actually brings the bar back a bit, too)
There are a couple of sellers on ebay that have risers that range from an inch to about an inch and a half.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I want to rotate the clutch and the brake lever so they are up an inch. It seems like I'll have to loosen everything on the handlebar and also rotate it, but I don't want to screw anything up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that seems a little crazy just to adjust controls. Is this not something people do much?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bump.. I was looking into doing the same.. the levers are rotated a bit too far down for my liking (and my short fingers).. crazy how we can't just rotate and retighten

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
You could rotate and retighten the bar. It would change the angle of the bar, but it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
241 Posts
No big deal to grind off locating pins. They are there to aid in assembly so all are the same, but do not necessarily hold the controls in place.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
If it's the same setup as the 696, you can just loosen up the mounts and move them any way you want, the only things that is pinned in place are the switch pods. Just remember that moving the levers also moves the mirrors, they may be pointing too low for you once you're done.

·
Registered
81 Posts
you would have to grind off the internal pins that locate the controls on the bars.
I have an 1100, not a 796, but I think they share the same handlebar. My bike has no pins locating the levers. I rotated them to suit my grip. Just make sure the master cylinders are reasonably horizontal when you are done. You can easily bend the mounting clamps to level them with some vise-grips and cardboard to protect the finish.

Cheers, Tom

·
Registered
42 Posts
i recently took my top triple and handle bars off, there's no stopper pins on the levers (brake, clutch) & reservoirs. There's a stopper pin and hole for the engine kill button, light controls and the right side (accelerator) control

if you want to move it just a little you can move the entire bar with out much work. If you want to move just the controls but not the bar then you can either shave off the stopper pins and use electric tape so the controls won't spin or drill new holes in the handlebar :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts