Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read where you can install an Adj. fuel Regulator that will boost fuel pressure to compensate for more air flow when you install pipes and aftermarket air filters.

This seems like a logical fix for a slightly richer mixture with out a power commander.

Has anyone tried this?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Adjustable fuel

I guess the logic for me is how much more fuel do you need, where do you need it, and how would you know or find out. You may need the throttle rich in one place and lean in another...the other problem is assuming the stock map is resonably good to begin with.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yes, I was assuming the stock map was good but not perfect.
There was a mathematical formula for plugging in values for increased air flow. The example give 10% increase in airflow with filter , and exhaust mod.

Plug your new values in the formula and it will give you the new fuel pressure.

Here is a link for the instructions, it's for the superbikes but I think they sell one for the monsters as well.

http://www.evoluzione.net/

Click on "instructions " on the main page and look for , fuel pressure modifier 90200.

·
Registered
517 Posts

i'm a new member and this is my first post... hope i don't offend anyone and get kicked off this forum. ;D

i've got a friend who just installed the evo fuel pressure modifier on his aprilia. it seems like a nice kit for a reasonable price and it seems to have helped his bike out quite a bit... it had been running a little lean even after he upgraded to the "race" map when installing his exhaust. i'm wondering if this would be the poor man's way to go when opening up the airbox and exhaust on my m750sie. anybody have any experience in this department? another question is HOW does one determine the increase in intake/exhaust flow to determine the fuel pressure increase?

·
Registered
195 Posts

The trouble with an adjustable regulator is, it'll probably never give you the right mixture everywhere unless you're also changing the map. And if you're also changing the map, then you don't need an adjustable regulator in the first place, unless you just can't get enough fuel flow with a full duty cycle on the injectors.

If your map is perfect to begin with, and then you make some mod (let's say porting) that improves max airflow by let's say 10%, you could raise the fuel pressure by 10% to get approximately the right mixture at WOT... But your airflow at 1/2 throttle won't increase by 10% as the limiting factor there is the throttle plates. Ditto at idle, etc.

Compensating for just an airbox and pipes, I'd expect better results (and probably at less cost) from a quick CO adjustment at the dealer.

M.

·
Registered
517 Posts

is a CO adjustment going to be able to keep the mixture rich enough (i.e. richer than stock) throughout the rev/load range? the airbox top will still be on, though cut-up a little, and the pipes (to be fabricated w/ the help of a welder friend) are definitely not going to have 2" exits... i don't want to upset too many neighbors. i'm going on the assumption that the stock map should allow the bike to run fine so long as it's getting enough fuel... i don't need to squeeze every ounce of power out of it. when i decide again that i need a little more grunt, i'll start making mapping modifications. so long as the motor runs a bit smoother, i get a little more power, and it's not running way to rich or way too lean in some part of the rev range, i'll be happy. anyone else have any input? (not a jab at chaf... i just don't want to make a decision based on a single response). is there anyone else out there who's opened up the airbox and exhaust and had decent results with only a CO adjustment?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts