Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what other ducati monster adjustible brake and clutch levers will fit on an 02 620. I am having some problems finding a company that makes a direct replacement for a 620.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
/>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>| <~~ thats what my kitty "chico" says

easyrider said:
what other ducati monster adjustible brake and clutch levers will fit on an 02 620. I am having some problems finding a company that makes a direct replacement for a 620.
don't know which you are looking at to begin with ? But I love my CRG adjustable levers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard that there is something about not being able to start the bike unless it is in nuetral. Is this true I kind of like starting it in any gear I want to.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
it's probably because of the micro switch that get's depressed when you pull in the factory lever. do a search on the crg lever clutch switch pin. there was a member selling some home made brackets that work with the crgs. otherwise I'm sure you can bypass this switch as many have.-MM

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I'm in the same boat: I'd *love* to get some CRG levers or other adjustable levers, but I want to retain the function of the clutch interlock with the sidestand switch. I know I can bypass the switch, but I don't want to be painted into that corner by my levers. I prefer my stuff to do my bidding rather than the other way 'round.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
easyrider,

it's a non-issue for the 2002 M620, there is no microswitch.
That microswitch popped up in 2004 and newer.

easyrider you can also find less expensive adjustable levers at monsterparts.com

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx for the input. Trying to get the bike ready for spring this is the last part of the puzzle.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Check out Cal. Cycle Works for levers too.

·
Registered
979 Posts
My 2003 620 dark has the clutch interlock switch. I have CRGs so I just start it in neutral. I never stall since the CRGs are adjustable for my little hands.

Last I heard, CA cycleworks wasn't carrying the generic adjustable levers. I bought a pair just before my bike got backed into, the shop put some CRGs on for me while it was in getting repaired, so I still have the generic adjustable levers sitting in the box they came in. Feel free to PM me if you might be interested in them.

The CRG's are gorgeous levers. People first notice the bike as a whole, then they notice how sweet the levers are.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
Autostrada Pilot said:
My 2003 620 dark has the clutch interlock switch.
perhaps your's was manufactured (later) in 2003 and got a 2004 feature? I compared the parts diagrams and the 2003 didn't show a clutch microswitch. (part #13 on the 2004)

My 2002 (first diagram)doesn't have this so it's not a problem with the 02s.

the second diagram is a 2004 M620

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts