Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 5'11" and 175lbs...... With winter gear on, i'm 200lbs.

Should I be adjusting the rear end of my monster to compensate for the fact that i'm a little larger than the "mean" that the Monster was setup for?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Other folks may set their bikes up different, but I set mine up with static sag at 1/3 of the travel, that's 40mm / 1.57" on the forks and 48mm / 1.89" on the rear.

You may have to alter those numbers a bit, as AFAIK, you don't have preload adjustment on your forks.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
All motorcycles work better if you properly set the sag for the rider. Unfortunately it's something you can't do yourself and usually requires two other people to do it right.

I think the dealer should do that when you buy the bike before they let you ride away. The next time I buy a new bike I'll be sure to insist on it.

I've gotten in the habit of letting a professional set the sag for me as part of a charity event held at Helimot in San Jose every December. Somehow that's just easier than doing it myself. And by the way, it seems to take about 20 minutes when done by someone who knows what he's doing, has helpers available, and has all the right tools sitting out and ready to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts