Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an oil cooler from a 2000 750. I was wondering what it would entail to connect this to my 620.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Ah piece of cake. You need to get the diverter for the oil filter, lines, a new upper valve cover with the mounting tabs and the sensor hole, 2 rubber bushings, and the 2 fittings for the block . I bought the lines and fittings at Pirtek. They make hoses for about everything unles yougot the hoses with the cooler.

Ill try to get a pic of my set up for you

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
It looks like all youll need is the fittings for the engine itself, a couple of aluminum sealing washers, and the valve cover with mounting Hware.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i also installed one on my 620 after scoring one for cheap from ebay about 3 monts ago.ducman is right on what you need.i went to ducati's website and downloaded the parts catalog for an '02 750ie,printed out only the pages i needed with the part numbers.that made it a lot easier with my trip to the dealer.everything was available at ducati's warehouse except the rubber bushings.those took about a month to recieve.adding the oil cooler dropped my oil temps from 250-260 down to 200-220.definatly a requirement here in the texas summer heat.if you have any questions during the installation process,feel free to ask.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I'll do that. I don't have the heat problem, I am more interested in the oil cooler for visual purposes. I dislike the gap that is left without one. Thanks for the help!

S

·
0 Posts
What size are the hose to engine fittings and the hose to cooler fittings? An?

I picked up a cooler as a supplemental item for a 944 kit that will be installed this winter and was going to use Aeroquip hoses and fittings...I just don't know how the sizes.

Does anyone know how the sizes work? Are An- female and An+ male fittings?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
If I remember correctly, but double check. The engine side if the fitting is 10mmx1.25 tread and the hose side is AN6

·
Registered
646 Posts
Post revival from the dead. >:D

Is there anything special about the oil filter diverter install? I bought the cooler & lines from a fellow board member, and ordered all the other bits from BikeBandit. Should have everything in hand ready for install within the next few weeks.

Thanks all!

Jim

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
MackDaddy said:
Post revival from the dead.  >:D

Is there anything special about the oil filter diverter install? I bought the cooler & lines from a fellow board member, and ordered all the other bits from BikeBandit. Should have everything in hand ready for install within the next few weeks.

Thanks all!

Jim
No Jim its pretty sraightforward. Undo the spigot for the filter, put the diverter on the spigot and reinstall.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
MackDaddy said:
Schwing.... thanks my brother. I figured it was a straight forward install.

Thanks - Jim
[thumbsup]
Dats wha weez hee fo ;D

·
Registered
16 Posts
if this is a dumb question, tell me, im bracing for it already. New to air cooled stuff. Can an oil cooler be too big on one of these things? Live in middle ga, summer is 90+ so is humidity!! Good bit of traffic at times, especially on my way to the dealer just north of atlanta. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts