Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alot of people say to get the 620 b/c of the slipper clutch, but I think that I'll want more speed than the 620. How much would it cost to put a slipper clutch on the 800? Or would I even need it?

·
Registered
270 Posts
do u plan to race it? I dont think that u would need a slipper clutch. a kit costs between $1400 to $1800. why waste the money!

·
Registered
5 Posts
yeah um I don't really think you would need that. I would buy some bling bling rims first...

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
A slipper clutch is an important safety peice if you engage in "spirited" riding. Whether or not it's worth the money is up to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey norm I don't want to disagree with you but "BLING BLING" rims are an important feature as well. wit dem rims all da homies gonna see ya and that my friend is impotant.. ;) I'm just clownin. Get what makes you happy and f>ck um if they don't like it

O

·
0 Posts
most of those who have no use for a sliper clutch have not used a bike with one. sliper clutches are a great upgrade for any riding or bike! i have seen whole sliper clutch kits with plates for as low as 900 bucks. i say if thats what your want i say get one. :-/

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I dig light wheels.....I'd kill for a set of the BST ones, so if you've got some on your bike & you see me coming, watch your back!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
YES!!! since I don't have any kids to put through college, my "College Fund" has been turned into a "BST Fund!!!" or it could be a "999S fund"... I'll have to see how big it gets!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
YES!!! since I don't have any kids to put through college, my "College Fund" has been turned into a "BST Fund!!!" or it could be a "999S fund"... I'll have to see how big it gets!!!
That is what I call a dilemma
;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
That is what I call a dilemma
;)
Too bad it will be many many years before the piggy bank gets big enough to actually have to decide...

S

·
0 Posts
Hold on a min !! Are we saying that the '04 620 comes with a slipper clutch and the 800/1000 don't ???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts