Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick heads up in case anyone else decides to play hookey from work today, ACH was closed as of about an hour ago with a lot of trucks que'd up and a less than friendly CHP officer waving everyone off. I have no idea if it is an all day thing.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that is just cruel. I ended up going in to the office, becoming embroiled in too many things and now cannot escape for the day. :'(

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
dwoodard said:
Now that is just cruel. I ended up going in to the office, becoming embroiled in too many things and now cannot escape for the day. :'(
gm2 and I are talking of a hooky ride sometime this week...perhaps then...

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me know. If I can escape (every change to regain some sanity) I would love to go.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll let you know. Here's to hoping that one of the meetings I have Thursday cancels.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No amount of willing is working, even though I am willing. Why isn't it working?

Looks like I will be passing tomorrow and living vicariously. Have fun.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
thanks, perhaps the week after...schedules are lightening for a some...I'm down, long as the weather keeps the roads in good condition! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
My first post ever:

Anyone up for a night ride at ACH ?

I was up there on Wednesday night and for the most part it was fine. There is a 5-mile section with a bit of gravel, fallen rocks, and dirts. But otherwise it was ok.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Didn't get karati's post until now.

Just returned from ACH. Although the sign board at the foot hill says closed at 39 miles (just north of Azusa/San Gabriel Canyon Road), you can actually ride another 11 miles beyond the gate, which was left open tonight. You can actually see the lights at the ski resorts (off Hwy 138), which were probably another 2-3 miles away. However, you will need to deal with ice, snow, dirt, gravel, and crosswind. And on the return trip, after the intersection of that road to Palmdale, I had to negotiate through some serious fog.

Not exactly a pleasant experience but was kinda interesting nonetheless.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
JaJaBinx said:
Anyone up for a night ride at ACH ?
i don't mean to give you **** for your first post... :angel: ... but, uh, dood, ARE YOU CRAZY? :eek:

...and Welcome! ;D

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Yeah. The guard wasn't watching yesterday so I decided to make a break for it. Besides, the straightjacket was a little loose anyway.

This actually wasn't the first time. I think I do ACH more often at night than day time, about 70% to 30%.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
JaJaBinx said:
Yeah. The guard wasn't watching yesterday so I decided to make a break for it. Besides, the straightjacket was a little loose anyway.

This actually wasn't the first time. I think I do ACH more often at night than day time, about 70% to 30%.
W O W . . . come down in at dusk a few times...joey no likey.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
It's actually not that bad doing it at night. Traffic is relatively light, and you can actually see the headlight reflection of incoming traffic from opposing direction around blind corners. The only thing is that you need to look well beyond the turn even though there's nothing to see. Just gotta get into the habit of doing that; otherwise, you will run right into the cliff wall or fall into the canyons.

I must apologize for having not properly introduced myself.

I am a Ducati-wanna be, meaning I don't have a Ducati yet, even though I have ridden several Ducati already, 749S, 999S, Supersport 800 etc. all borrowed from my friends or Tom Hicks of Southern California Ducati in Brea. I initially joined this board because back in March, I had thought about getting a used monster 620 for commuting purpose.

I currently ride Jap bikes, a V-twin and also a liter bike. I started riding in April of last year and so far, have accumulated about 30,000 miles under the belt.

I would love to do track day some time, although most of my time are spent in various canyons in SoCal (just did a Palomar mountain run this morning).

So there you have it, a lunatic who loves to run canyons at night.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
JaJaBinx said:
It's actually not that bad doing it at night. Traffic is relatively light, and you can actually see the headlight reflection of incoming traffic from opposing direction around blind corners. The only thing is that you need to look well beyond the turn even though there's nothing to see. Just gotta get into the habit of doing that; otherwise, you will run right into the cliff wall or fall into the canyons.

I must apologize for having not properly introduced myself.

I am a Ducati-wanna be, meaning I don't have a Ducati yet, even though I have ridden several Ducati already, 749S, 999S, Supersport 800 etc. all borrowed from my friends or Tom Hicks of Southern California Ducati in Brea. I initially joined this board because back in March, I had thought about getting a used monster 620 for commuting purpose.

I currently ride Jap bikes, a V-twin and also a liter bike. I started riding in April of last year and so far, have accumulated about 30,000 miles under the belt.

I would love to do track day some time, although most of my time are spent in various canyons in SoCal (just did a Palomar mountain run this morning).

So there you have it, a lunatic who loves to run canyons at night.
[laugh]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts