Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Halloween Crest ride and/ or this Friday 11/3, up and back quick like...say meet at the base Shell Station at 10am...?

Lemme know...the Crest is dangerous, don't recommend it as a newbie ride, other than that, any takers? :D

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Re: Hooky Ride ACH-This Week 10/31 or 11/3

ok: my schedule on Friday looks good. as for who will or won't be in the office on friday to notice my, uh, extended absence.. that's more like a thursday strategic ask (no, not reach) around.

...like i gotta tell you this. :mad: ;D

(oooo, look who got his computer back!)

·
Premium Member
477 Posts

joekarati said:
Lemme know...the Crest is dangerous, don't recommend it as a newbie ride, other than that, any takers? :D
[laugh] perception is a funny thing, I can ride the crest, AFH and the the rest up there and be totally comfortable but Malibu can scare the crap out of me.

oh there is construction at the base and the road is torn up for a few miles. Have fun, wish I could go.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts

How about the backside, up Big T, to 9 mile to ACH instead. Much better roads, less cops, less traffic and no construction hassle. If I don't have anything going on Friday, I'd be game, as of now I'm clear...

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well, it's been a while, but the cobwebs have officially been flown off, as the run up the Crest proved to be a great jaunt this am.

the base of the hill on the is still being paved this minute, but luckily they have completed fresh tarmac all the way to the fiirst turn off...(crap is that angeles forest?)...anyway, why they have not repaved the road above that point is beyond me, but I did choose to come down ACH on my return and skip 9 mile and AFH to come back...figured that'd be the true suspension test...

and the winner is Chassis Dynamics...man, what a huge improvement even for the stocker set-up...no more sloppy rear end and bike disruption whilest transferring some weight around in the corners...and for the record gm2, wheelies have never been easier, as there is no more compensation to build into them for the launch...so nya, nya. [cheeky]

good times! [thumbsup]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts