Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to go on Saturday the 15th...

Anyone else interested?

edit 11-10,

Saturday the 15th - 9:00am - Shell gas station 210 freeway at Hwy 2 (ACH)

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Haven't been home for a week, (missing my monster bad!! :'() but usually ride ACH every weekend at 6:00 AM! Newcombs update as of 12:55 PM on 10/31 - SNOW :eek: this morning, temp is in low 40s and not affected by the fires at all. Being SoCal it could be in the 80s by 11/15-16! Definitely count me in! Look forward to meeting everyone!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Happy birthday....I'm in!

46 isn't it? :-

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
whats ACH? is that like atlantic coast highway or what? I REALLY want to get on a ride with you people, but it seems everyone is in the LA area and I'm in Oceanside

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Re: *** ACH Ride ***   Nov 15 or 16

Geez, Tom throws down a satellite map.
That's very cool. I think I can see my house.....

Anybody have a preference for Saturday or Sunday?

I'm sure CrestGal can give us the lowdown, but from what I've heard, Sunday has high concentrations of Squids, Ricky Racers, and CHP's.

We did a Saturday group ride about a month ago, and it was pretty sparse on undesireables. This is the loop, it was pretty damn good.

S

·
0 Posts
That above route is one taken from Clement Salvadori's book. Have done it a few times, and it is a great ride, provided the road is still open past Mt. Waterman. They don't plow past this point, and while it is still open and there has not been enough snow to close it down yet, there is a storm expected this weekend. As I read from another post, there is NO GAS in Big Pines, must go to Wrightwood. If you don't get gas there, you will run out. You can stop a Newcombs for coffee and then a crazy high desert biker hangout called the Mile High Cafe on Big Pines Highway for breakfast, or do Breakfast at Newcombs. There is not much past Mile High Cafe until you reach Angeles Forest Highway and you can then stop at Hidden Springs Cafe right before the tunnels. Next gas is in La Canada at the bottom, but you should have more than enough to get down if you filled up in Wrightwood. In an absolute emergency, you can bum gas at the Ranger equipment station at Clear Creek, but you gotta plead your case. I'm gonna try to meet up with you guys if possible.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Saturday is better, but Sunday is ok too.

Let's get some of the SD peeps up for this one.

AC

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Wooo Hoooo!! Crest Ride!! Yep, Saturday is much better, less cops (the earlier you go the better) and the Skippy's (aka Squids) stay away, for the most part. Hopefully they will keep the road open later this year, if the weather holds out. Will get you all an update this weekend and advise! Even if they close the road to Wrightwood, there is still some great riding to be had! Once my Monster starts going he just doesn't want to stop!! Will join you Sat or Sun or both!!! ;D

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

That above route is one taken from Clement Salvadori's book.-------snip---------------------------------- As I read from another post, there is NO GAS in Big Pines, must go to Wrightwood. If you don't get gas there, you will run out. ------------------------snip--------------------------------- I'm gonna try to meet up with you guys if possible.
Don't know who Clement Salvadori is, but IIRC, I just hacked the route in M/S Streets & Trips.......

LOL, absolutely no gas in Big Pines.

Definitely love to have you along. Stay tuned......
--------------------------------------------------------------
CrestGal, it'll be good to see you again, keep us posted on conditions.
P.S.You're buying lunch at Newcomb's, right? ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Geez, Tom throws down a satellite map.
That's very cool. I think I can see my house.....
Is that cool, or what?

Makes it look like we're going on some kind of "Lord of the Rings" crusade [smiley=waytogo.gif]

---------------------------------------------------

I prefer Saturday also. My usual ride up there is to fill up witth gas at the base, ride sixty miles up and sixty miles back (with stops at Newcombs). So any new roads or routes are fine with me...lead the way!

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
P.S.You're buying lunch at Newcomb's, right? ;D ;D ;D
Uhhhh, yea sure, ummmm, a round of water & crackers for everyone!! ;)

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Stupid
Quick
Underdressed
Inevitably
Dead

Dont know if 'Skippy' is an acronym........

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
CrestGal, it'll be good to see you again, keep us posted on conditions.
;D ;D ;D
ACH weather & road update!! Rode up ACH today, Sat., 11/8, not bad 44 degrees. vs. the 30 degrees last weekend. No snow, no ice! Also, it was 6:30 AM so later it would be warmer. Road still open to Wrightwood. Usually will not close until the first snowflake, and I do mean snowflake, hits the ground! Then they will close it "due to laziness"!!

Looking goooood for next weekend! ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Sunday, 11/9, ACH Update, word is they will close the road to Wrightwood 11/15, :mad: but you never know! It was coolish today and rained, but sat it out and had a great ride back down the mountain!

Ryan - it was good to see you up on the mountain, hope you're ride down was good - the boys and I waited just the right amount of time, road was dry all the way....wooo hooo! Don't have your email, (silly me forgot to save it!) so hope you read this post and please email me for the R6 hook-up!

·
Registered
849 Posts

Linda,

Just sent you an email. The ride back was fun and mostly dry, I took upper Big T. where I let 'er rip for a bit - came around a corner at about 110 to the sight of a chopper hovering right in front of me :eek: All the way down Big T. I was convinced I was going to get pulled over.

Took a right on the bottom of that road onto what, Angeles Forrest?? Took that to the 14, took the 14 to Palmdale Blvd, took that to Bouquet to Vasquez Canyon to Sand Canyon to Little T. to the 210 to the 118 to the 405, where I screwed up. Instead of staying on the 405 I somehow ended up on the 170 (don't ask, I have no clue what happened), which led me to the 5 to the 110 back onto the 10. A bit of lane-splitting was involved on the 110 due to a multiple-car wreck, other than that the ride back was pretty uneventful.

That was my day, maybe I'll meet you all next weekend.

-R.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Guys, I'm up for the ride on saturday or sunday , just let me know where to meet. ;D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts